Forum users' Planers & Thicknessers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bosch blue GHO 26-82. Belt burnt out after less than an hours use, the chip extraction clogs quickly unless vacuum is used, the blades (wood razor) are fragile and not worth the money, the little foot at the back sticks and doesn't have a decent spring, it's useless for fine work and generally a waste of money!

DeWalt 733
Really like this machine, gives a nice finish on hardwoods, although you have to be patient with the amount you take off. Pretty loud though!

elektra bekum h260 .... nice machine german build quality (now metabo) realy nice p/t handles all i chuck at it and that's a lot ! had it for year or so and never skips a beat.

Mine is a Lurem RD26 (imagine it's a clone of many with "26" in the name) , purchased 2nd hand, after not doing anything with it for ages. Now working flatting oak and maple, lovely...

Stenberg KEV 600. Manufactured by Stenbergs Maskinbyrå of Stockholm in 1957. A surfacer/thicknesser/ table saw/spindle moulder combination with huge capacity for it's compact footprint 1 by 2,80 metres. It has 610 mm planing capacity and 400 mm saw blade and 3hp spindle moulder. Very well made and solid with plenty of cast iron. If required a total rebuilt to bring it back in good condition and make it safe enough to be up to modern standards but once finished I have a very good machine.
The only downsides are that it has no tilt on the tablesaw blade and the thicknesser has quite a learning curve before one starts to get a constistent result.

Back