Spring Challenge 2015. The Results.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grahamshed

Established Member
Reaction score
The results for the Spring Challenge of 2015 are now in, and are as follows:-

Judge's Scores

Results as follows -

1. KimG - A pleasing form, nicely finished. Scores 10 points

2. Andy43 - a well executed segmented project. Scores 8 points

3. Random Orbital Bob - Simple elements combined to create the box. Scores 6 points

4. Dennisk - A well thought out segmented box. Scores 4 points

5. Woodmonkey - A simple shape letting the wood speak for itself. Scores 2 points

Well done to all who entered. It's a shame there weren't more entries. Hopefully more people will attempt the next challenge!

Cheers

Paul

Entrants' Scores

Votes were received from 5 of the six entrants and the winner in their view was unanimous ( apart from the winners vote of course )

KimG with 12 votes - scores 5 points
2nd= andy43 with 7 votes - scores 4 points,
3rd= Dennisk with 5 votes - scores 3 points and
3rd = Woodmonkey with 5 votes - scores 3 points
5th Random Orbit Bob with 1 vote - scores 1 point

Overall Scores

Total scores for this month are:-

1st and winner of this first quarter’s Challenge, KimG with 15 points
Box-1.jpg

2nd= Andy43 with 12 points.
file.php

Joint 3rd = Ramdom Orbit Bob wth 7 points
file.php

Joint 3rd = Dennisk with 7 points
file.php

4th = Woodmonkey with 5 points
file.php

Not many entrants but IMHO the qualirt of all the entries was very high. Well done.
My thanks to all the contestants and to Paul for judging.

Oops, seems the links to show the pictures don't work, I know not why.

Mod edit:- need the image tags.
Code:
 [img]*****[/img]

Congrats to KimG, excellent and very attractive piece, a deserving winner IMHO, andy43 a strong second and probably more technically challenging.
Must try to enter the next one.

Congrats to Kim, a very nice box indeed and def got my vote as a 1st place, I'm chuffed to bits with the 2nd place. And congrats to everyone that entered too (all winners imo)
Cheers
Andy

Well done Kim a worthy winner i thought, and well done everyone else who entered & thanks to graham and Paul.

Thanks for the compliments folks, I'm very pleased with that result, some fine entries there this time, I had a challenge picking the 1,2,3, from them for sure.

I hope more members will have a go at the next challenge, a Bowl, who cannot make a bowl? Doesn't matter what your skill level, be inspired, have a go!

PS. I forgot to thank Graham and Paul too, sorry about that, thanks to both for their time and efforts. :D :shock: :oops:

Great job KimG, I knew after seeing the entries ahead of me, i would not be a winner, but I entered. Thats how you get feed back and get better.Thanks to all involved and please support the challenge. It is still fun for some of us.

Even though I did not take part I would like to say that I am sure what I had in mind would not have stood up against the entries here. Well done to all that entered and some very well turned and finished pieces.

Back