how do they get away with it

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andychip38

Established Member
Reaction score
20150326_080008 (Small).jpg
i went to a job on thursday to fit a few doors and change a door frame and this is how the last carpenter had fitted the architraves
and yes he was a payed carpenter

Attachments

• 20150326_080008 (Small).jpg
    20150326_080008 (Small).jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 685
Some people, EH? I've had several rows for refusing to put other peoples c$*p work right,
I try and keep away from problems and silly people.
I see you have a very nice drill/driver with you! I love mine.

Regards Rodders

I started up on my own 11 years ago because of stuff like that, all be it furniture based.
I remember a guy making a corner cabinet, should have been a left hand blank/void, he made it a right. I told him he was wrong, the drawings showed he was wrong but he couldn't be pineappled to redo it, so he wrapped it up and shipped it to surrey, next day it was returned by the fitters................. you just can't reason with some people. Lazy arseeed shizters

That is terrible, it's surprising how many people wouldn't even question that though.

And look at the gunk on the piece in the background lol.

andychip38":2tf4ze4z said:
View attachment 20150326i went to a job on thursday to fit a few doors and change a door frame and this is how the last carpenter had fitted the architraves
and yes he was a payed carpenter

Agreed.

"Professional" merely means you're paid. "Skilled" and "craftsman" are rather more.

BugBear

They keep getting away with it because people keep paying them who obviously don't know any better or who give as little sh.. as the fitter they've employed.

Then other potential customers complain when a skilled worker quotes more money and usually more time for a similar task.

Having said that, that is a p... poor job and no mistake - and I can't stand how decorators caulk always seems to be applied in the same manner a 5yr old ices a muffin cake. I'ts water soluble people.... at least smooth it off!

hi yep its a 10.8 v makita i brought a twin set drill and impact and used it every day for about 18 months now cant fault it

Latest posts

Back