TS Zero clearance insert help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbud78

Established Member
Reaction score
Made a insert for my TS200 out of Alu 3mm, drilled and CSK all the holes and it fits great. Bought an old blade though in both directions so the RK fits as well.

Problem I have is that Im getting a very high pitch whistle when I bring the blade through, it backs off when the blade is dropped. I'm assuming its air flow ? any one had this problem ?

Did it happen with that blade before? I have one that whistles on my kity, all the others seem fine.

marcros":2udaq094 said:
Did it happen with that blade before? I have one that whistles on my kity, all the others seem fine.

If I take the insert off or drop the blade below the insert its fine, only thing I can think to do is open up the slot a bit

I made one from plywood a while back and it whistles. I took it as a sign that the tolerance was fine, like the blades in a siren.

Was happy and it works fine.

2015-03-30%2022.46.02.jpg

Hello,

Is a zero clearance insert in aluminium a good idea? Not sure I would like the teeth rubbing in the throat plate in use, which they do with such fine tolerances. Might be overthinking, but will the teeth wear quicker with friction, heat build up or abrasion? Aluminium oxide is an abrasive and aluminium plate oxidises in air.
What do people think? I'd stick to plywood myself. These wear out in time, meaning the blade does contact the sides of the slot during cutting and ply is easier to replace anyway.

Mike.

Back