new table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clueless

Reaction score
Yep it's time to up grade to a new table saw and it's down to two makes/models

Axminster ts200 table or the charnwood W619 price wise they are around the same.

but I would like to know what you would buy £480 is the price of the W619 with delivery I can find and the Axminster TS200 IS £530

£530 IS MY LIMIT

you really need to say what use you intend for your saw. Around the price I would favour a Sheppach Tisa 5.0 It would suit my needs, but I doubt yours.

Not being familiar with either model, I googled each and suggest you do too.
Read the write ups, some recently on this forum. Rodders

I need this saw for making oak and beech small tables, tenons, cutting molded laminated draw fronts however I have a kity bandsaw as well
I think it's a 12"

I own a cnc machine, planner, thicknesser with a router table in the wings/ I will be making in the coming weeks

Box joints for my son to make on the saw as he would like to make some boxes to start with and we are planing for him to make a thin hall table.

my son is 14
I can't find any in depth review about the W619

I have the charnwood. It's a pretty good saw. It's done everything I have asked of it. I am impressed with it for the money. Although I will be getting rid of it in the near future. I have more space now and plan on buying a bigger wadkin or startrite.

Rod thank you so much for the link

that video is the only one on the net and it's every where.

mind made up it's a no brainier really W619 all the way. I will be buying this in the next week or two

I sat up last night to watch the new Yankee workshop cool

The charnwood will do the job. I'll just highlight the worst bits of it.. The fence is horrible, it's a screw knob to lock it down and takes a bit of getting used to. The sliding table is great, but needs regular checks for square and you can loose half a day mucking around with it. The motor could be stronger. I have cut loads of 2" oak with it. It does it, but you can't horse it through. I mostly cut mdf with it which it is fine for. Although more than half a sheet is un wieldy.
Good bits.. Smooth, quiet, accurate. I have used it heavily for two years, 4-5 days a week, up to 8 hours a day and it's never missed a beat.
Still not as nice as a great big bit of old cast iron like a wadkin. If you have the space. Get an old second hand saw.

I believe they have upgraded the motor in the latest model

I think I will be upgrading the fence and a cam lock . Thank you for the advice for the sliding rails

Clueless,

If you are in rugby why not tootle up the M 1 to charnwood s place and have a look.
It can' t be 45 mins away
They have a showroom and knowledgable staff.

The W619 is identical to the TS200 except for the nice stand.

The benefit of getting the new TS200 mkii is that it has the revised fence and a slightly bigger top now.

The fence being the key weakness of these models.

Well..... a neighbour recently bought a Griggio floor standiong cast iron table saw/ spindle moulder combination with sliding table and all for less than that secondhand........

I would think twice before spending that amount of money on a saw like that....but it your workshop is very cramped you have to make do with what you can fit in and it you hane no time for the inevitable fixes on a secondhand saw you have to make do with what you can afford to buy new. There is no solution that fits everybody.

I disagree that the TS200 or the charnwood are 'make do' bits of kit. They are a significant step up from aluminum topped, brush motor cheap models. For the hobbiest they are pretty decent.

Back