Polypropylene Scroll saw Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claymore

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I bought one of these intending to make a router table insert but decided it was too flexible material :cry: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kitchen-Chopp ... 259ff8ca12

So instead i have made a table top for my scrollsaw :D its lovely material with a nice smooth surface so work will slide nicely, just drilled a 3mm hole and attached it using some double sided sticky tape (won't damage the saw) its 12mm thick and is available in other colours but white is ideal as it shows the pencil lines up. Also attached a small LED clip on light on my Dremel stand next to the saw and does a nice job lighting my work.
Cheers
Brian
ps I haven't cut my chopping board as it fits the length ok and don't mind the overhang as its more room for work piece.

Looks good, Brian, let us know how you go on when you have been using it a while. By the way, if you use any reverse blades, the type where the bottom few teeth point upwards, they most likely won't be any good with your sub-table fitted. Also, it might not bother you, but I find it easier and quicker to change blades if I have a slot instead of a hole. And have you noticed the blade changing jig is covered up? I made a bracket to bring mine out a couple of inches to clear the sub-table.

Very nice Brian. I bet wood moves very easily on the surface. I am a bit concerned about the blade changing though, as Martin pointed out, it looks to be hidden. Hey, you can make your sandwiches on that at lunch time, save you leaving the workshop at lunch time.

Hi,
I know what you mean Martin about the blades and fortunately my main blades are fine :cool: also you cannot tell from the photo but i have made sure the board is flush with the right hand edge of the saws table so i can still get to the blade-change doodahs :cool:.
Geoff your right the wood glides on the surface which is like tupperware (it actually feels like wax finish) sandwiches? we only eat Haggis up here or maybe a battered Mars bar for a treat 9-)
Will let you know how it stands up to my wood butchering.
Cheers
Brian
ps we are having trees down again tonight up here and a new loch has appeared in our fields 8-( thought spring was here too as daffodils are out

Back