kitchen door cab hinge help required

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
hinge.jpg

I am having a run of hinge breakdowns, (really should have a new kitchen),

replacements from B&Q need adapting to work.

As anyone attempted and succeeded getting the spring to work in the hinge of an old one?

Attachments

• hinge.jpg
    hinge.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,077
Is there a reason why you cant just buy a new hinge? If you need a few kitchen hinges pay the postage and i will send you some

To those kind offers above.

I would happily pay the postage, I can send a broken hinge to compare and your costs at the same time, please PM details.

(I have around a dozen more doors that are due to go sometime, kitchen 18 years old)

any update with your hinges ? I was at the tip earlier and they had a bag of very very similar looking hinges. I couldn't get the internet on my phone so couldn't check if I'd dreamt someone was looking for them ;)

I got a small pack from Screwfix who have just opened a branch in Torquay , thanks for the thought.

But I would not say no to 20 replacements when any going to waste.

I'll have a look at the tip when im passing and see if there still there. I probably should've just got them but I've got a habit of buying things and not using it for years ;)

popped in the tip earlier and the bag of hinges was still there
bc374f75647f64375341946b420969d2.jpg

along with a few other bits :lol:
388c0ad621a3d2dcf2fa1333b7270123.jpg

it looks very similar to the picture you posted
7c44216f1e1faedf78c084a63a810da2.jpg

The best part was the whole bag was only a quid !

if you pm me your address I'll send em on ;)

coley

Back