12 inch Tenon Saw.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swagman

Established Member
Reaction score
Nearly complete. Will have to wait another 5 days for the shellac to harden before I can buff the handle to a nice shine.

I have commissioned Chalco Stamp & Die Co.in the U.K to make me a couple of makers hand stamps; 1 for brass backs on backsaws, and the other for doing wooden hand planes. Both will read TOTE TOOL CO.

Some details on this Tenon Saw. 0.025 gauge saw plate; 12 inch length; 3 5/8 inch below the spine; filed and sharpened 12 tpi; rip tooth; 10 degrees negative rake.

The handle wood is Tasmanian Blackwood.

regards; Stewie.

That I like very much. The handle looks very nice, both in its shaping and the choice of wood which looks great alongside the brass.

Very nice :D

Can you get a hand stamp that will work well for the brass, or will it require a small press ?

Thanks Tony. Brass should be okay. If it were being used on a steel back that would have required a small press. I asked Chalco the very same question before committing.

Appreciate your thoughts.

regards Stewie;

I'm pleased I read the responses as Charles has it in a nutshell!

It's just perfect.

Terrific-looking saw.

I was wondering why you wrote that you had to wait five days for the shellac to harden before you buff it?

One of your nicest yet! The handle is superb and as far as I'm concerned the back (spine) is perfect. Can't beat the "classic" style!

Back