Hobbies fret Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troyak

Reaction score
Hi

First post, new to the forum. perhaps someone can help. I recently bought a Hobbies A1 fret saw, but it is missing the steel table, it has been replaced with a wooden table. I am looking for someone who may have one of these saws kicking around and using it as a spare parts bin, who would like to sell the table, or would know of where I can find one.

Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated

Very warm welcome to the forum,I am sure that you will get help.There are a few very clever members,unfortunately I am not one of them.Maybe I can help in the future. :roll:

Bryan

The table is one of the parts that seems to go missing most often, so if you can't get hold of one, have you thought about making one? I know it feels better to have an original, but it should be quite easy to make a new table from 3 or 4mm, or even 5mm thick mild steel. I feel sure one of the forum members who own A1's would be willing to make a drawing or supply dimensions.

I can help with dimensions and pictures if needed but I think that if the table is missing I would take the opportunity to make a larger one out of ply. It would be nicer to use than the original.

Not sure if this is of any use. I do have an A1 and could take the table off to take a picture with dimensions if you wish?

Attachments

• img20141123_14265324 (Medium).jpg
    img20141123_14265324 (Medium).jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 1,124
Thanks for all the prompt replies. I would certainly prefer an original part, so I will keep looking, as well as keep an eye on this forum

troyak":1h1af6m5 said:
Thanks for all the prompt replies. I would certainly prefer an original part, so I will keep looking, as well as keep an eye on this forum

TBH I think you will find it almost impossible to find a genuine A1 table being sold on it's own, your best bet would be to look out for a cheap A1 machine (complete with table) on ebay, they often appear for little money. :)

Back