If Carlsberg made knives.....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fascinating!!

I want that linisher!!! :shock:

How hard can it be to make one.....mmmm.

I simply have to watch that until I can remember all the fabulous tips and jigs....and the place it so clean!!

I'm putting a bucket of water under my sander tomorrow...!!! :mrgreen:

Thanks for sharing....made my night.

Jimi

phil.p":14hg9852 said:
Jimi, I saw your name and thought - yes, I know what the comment's going to be - never mind the knife, look at the equipment! :shock: :)

HA!

You know me too well mate...am I REALLY that bad!!? :oops:

Actually....I hate to say it but even though the build quality is exquisite....I didn't like the shape nor the design of the knife...too fat and Rambo for my liking....

Now...a nice piece of Damascus and some Engish boxwood..... :mrgreen:

Jimi

Interesting video, unusual choice of steel for a blade I thought (A2), although perhaps that is because I'm more familiar with kitchen knives than 'outdoor' blades. At some point in the future I'd like to have a go at making a knife, but not for a while methinks.

Adam

P.s. Jimi - I wholeheartedly agree re: aesthetics.

jimi43":nzwumt1g said:
Fascinating!!

I want that linisher!!! :shock:

How hard can it be to make one.....mmmm.

I simply have to watch that until I can remember all the fabulous tips and jigs....and the place it so clean!!

I'm putting a bucket of water under my sander tomorrow...!!! :mrgreen:

Thanks for sharing....made my night.

Jimi

Thanks too.

You could certain build something similar, maybe smaller.

slide-robust.jpg

Retails at $750 US without the motor. Belts (72" x 2") would be a fortune but imagine they would last a long time.

Very nice work, the knife and handle are lovely but for something as nice the sheath could be nicer.

Thanks Noel...that picture will come in handy.

I have a source of DC motors..I have a spare SX3 speed controller board...some aluminium bar...or even hardwood would do...some bearings..the rest of my wife's exercise bike....mmmmmm eminently feasible!

This forum is the bees knees! :mrgreen:

Jimi

Really interesting video, thanks.

Don't forget the particular application for that knife, being an antartic research mission, which would inform the choice of blade material, size and shape and materials of handle and or sheath too. While an O1 bladed, wooden handle and leather sheath for example would work in that environment too, the choice of actual materials and design suggests a very functional, low maintenance and long lasting tool for use with thick gloves on and in a wet and cold environment ?

I've got a spare motor knocking about getting in the way....... :-k (hammer)

Cheers, Paul

Although, if you look of his website, the choice of A2 seems standard, not necessarily custom for polar use. The aesthetics, I appreciate are somewhat dictated by use, but that handle and scabbard material is also standard, the difference being the colours.
Still, a fabulous tool.

Adam

He has all the kit hasn't he, wish I had that much!

Still you don't need it all to make knives I made these with a drill press some files and a barque.

Pete

Kydex is available on Ebay and is inexpensive. It's used a lot for hand gun holsters in the US as once made to the shape of the gun, it requires no clip and just relies on a neat 'click' friction hold like the knife at the end of the video. Not pretty but very functional.

After all said about arctic conditions and the blade, I'm left wondering if the extreme cold would make the Kydex brittle?

Racers":3aq9neql said:
He has all the kit hasn't he, wish I had that much!

Still you don't need it all to make knives I made these with a drill press some files and a barque.

Pete

Gorgeous!

Back