Scheppach Precisa 3.0

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berniesquash

Reaction score
Hello all- I'm new to the forum and looking for some table saw advice please. My shortlist of saws at the moment is between the Scheppach Precisa 3.0 and the Axminster 10 inch table saw package complete with the table extensions and sliding table. (Budget is around 1300 quid max) I really like the look of the Scheppach Precisa 3.0 though, but am slightly concerned that the availability of the 280mm blades doesn't appear to be great. Freud do a few, but clearly nowhere near as much choice as the 254mm blades for the Axi. The fence on the Scheppach also looks really nice and the micro adjustment on the sliding table fence really attracts me.

Does anyone own the Scheppach (formally Kity?) - what are your comments and how do you find the 280mm blade availability?

Regards to all - Bernie.

I wonder what the odds must be against two people joining the forum on the same morning and both asking about the same make of table saw ?
I do hope I am wrong but they don't seem that high to me.

Berniesquash":30eedffc said:
........but am slightly concerned that the availability of the 280mm blades doesn't appear to be great. Freud do a few, but clearly nowhere near as much choice as the 254mm blades for the Axi. ....
Regards to all - Bernie.
Subject to the riving knife/hood having sufficient adjustment it should be possible to fit a 254mm blade - albeit losing 13mm off the maximum cutting depth.

RogerP":36q04rno said:
Berniesquash":36q04rno said:
........but am slightly concerned that the availability of the 280mm blades doesn't appear to be great. Freud do a few, but clearly nowhere near as much choice as the 254mm blades for the Axi. ....
Regards to all - Bernie.
Subject to the riving knife/hood having sufficient adjustment it should be possible to fit a 254mm blade - albeit losing 13mm off the maximum cutting depth.
Wealdens sell a 270mm blade as i found one for Steve the other week for his kity 1619. But things would be simpler if they stuck to standard sizes? Like 250/254/ 300/315mm

But things like the kity 618- and presumably the 619/1619 and probably the scheppach version can use a 250/254 with the same knife. It slides to adjust. I am not sure how often the extra few mm would be that useful, or whether most people would have switched to a bandsaw at that point.

Having done further research - Want!!!

check out woodfordtooling... hw110wse

Anyone own one yet? This is a good looking saw sold globally - Grizzly, Harvey, Craftex etc etc. Looks ideal for my needs! (Yes Dear! I really NEED this to complete the project...)

Ahhh the Xcalibur saws. Yes there are a few users on here and a quick search should get you some info on here. :)

I thought I couldn't be the only one, I was given a job to set up the Design and Technology workshop at the new Senior School for Dulwich in Suzhou, China, mainly because I could speak english, so far so good.
It is nearly impossible to buy anything here, if you want it to last longer than a week and as a result we order everything we can for abroad (which is funny because it is all made here, talk about carbon foot print) anyway to my question, I was given a 250 mm triple chip blade to put on the Precisa 3 table saw, which has a 280 mm blade and riving knife to suit, the adjustment on the existing riving knife is nowhere near enough to meet the specks, still around 30 mm behind the blade. I have very few tools, (still working on that) is it possible to purchase a suitable riving knife? Any hints, tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Berniesquash":3mjx7m6l said:
carlb40":3mjx7m6l said:
Ahhh the Xcalibur saws. Yes there are a few users on here and a quick search should get you some info on here. :)
Ordered!!! Nice!!

Bernie

It would be very interesting to see how you found it.

Terry.

Shane Bezzina":hk3b8mth said:
I was given a 250 mm triple chip blade to put on the Precisa 3 table saw, which has a 280 mm blade and riving knife to suit, the adjustment on the existing riving knife is nowhere near enough to meet the specks, still around 30 mm behind the blade. I have very few tools, (still working on that) is it possible to purchase a suitable riving knife?

Get yourself a small angle grinder a piece of 2.5 or 3mm gauge plate ( eg http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ground-Flat-S ... 1334220003 - don't use ordinary mild steel plate, it won't stay flat by the time you've finished working it) and you can make a riving knife any size you like. Use a piece of thin ply to make a template first and then draw round it.

Thanks for the suggestion, the trouble being the getting of anything is almost impossible, we do not have access to an angle grinder and getting metal here is a mind numbing experience the ends in not getting anything close to what I asked for.
I was kind of hoping someone might have purchased one from somewhere, that way I can spend the next eight months or so trying to get it through our purchasing process and another 3 or 4 attempting to get past customs.

Shane, it's called 'a brown envelope'..... :(

Sam

Edit: " 3 or 4 attempting to get past customs."......money greases wheels = brown envelope??

Back