In Between Coats?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteG

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you OK leaving paint etc in the spray gun for a couple of hours in between coats? :)

single pack paints, water or solvent based will be fine. some people take off the tip and leave in solvent.

2 pack paints, only as long as their pot life, less a safety margin.

RobinBHM":1dsikf1c said:
single pack paints, water or solvent based will be fine. some people take off the tip and leave in solvent.

2 pack paints, only as long as their pot life, less a safety margin.

Thank you Robin :) I was hoping that I wouldn't have to clean and strip everything in between two coats of primer and top coat :)

Yeah def no need to clean and strip down, if you are using a gravity gun, I always leave it at least a third full so if when I finish spraying and the cup is almost empty down to the bottom I pour some more in then leave it. If you are using a colour and it starts to settle after not using the gun for a couple of hours then its worth tipping it back into a mixing cup, give it stir and pour it back (dont be tempted to shake the gun, it will block the pin hole in the top).

Back