Vodafone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
If there was a Guiness record for the longest time to get a sim changed I think I would win. Strangly enough half way through this fiasco I saw that Vodafone were voted the worst provider and in my case that is understandable. I decided I was spending to much money on my PAYG phone so I switched to a monthly contract for a lot less money and was very happy with what the guy at vodaphone offered me. I was told I would be given a temporary number and the guy promised me I could keep my old number from the PAYG sim card. That was almost a month ago and I am still waiting to get my old number. I have spent a total of 4 hours on the phone and about the same on the web site using their messenger service. On 3 occasions when I rang I was put through to India and really struggled to understand their poor grasp of the English language. My son came over today and had a go for me and they have promised I will have it by monday. We shall see.

I can understand your frustration.

I've swapped contracts/sims a few times over the years and have been with most of the providers at one point or the other. I always go through my local Carphone Warehouse and let them do the phoning/running around. Very knowledgeable and helpful staff.

A few months ago I took the plunge and bought a smart phone on a CPW deal. PAYG @ £45 so a cheap starter. I don't use it enough for a contract. My son uses O2 and is happy with the coverage/cost, so I went with them. BUT I have learned to ignore anything they say over the phone [ironically] as we have both been blatantly lied to re. terms and tarriffs. I'm sure this isn't official company policy, but it has happened to both of us. Lightening striking twice?

Since retirement (5 years ago) I hardly ever use a mobile but when you do need one they're very handy. So a PAYG suits me fine and a found Three UK gives me the best deal - 3p a minute for any call and the credit is non-expiring unlike some networks where it only last a set time. A tenner last me ages. :)

RogerP":21fmg2tf said:
Since retirement (5 years ago) I hardly ever use a mobile but when you do need one they're very handy. So a PAYG suits me fine and a found Three UK gives me the best deal - 3p a minute for any call and the credit is non-expiring unlike some networks where it only last a set time. A tenner last me ages. :)

Plus one.

I have been retired since April 2008. I have Orange pay as you go, put twenty five pounds on at that time, and still have about eighteen pounds left, the last time my wife checked for me, as I don’t know how to check. #-o

Take care.

Chris R.

Back