Sandpaper storage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karfeef

Established Member
Reaction score
I've recently been on a sandpaper buying frenzy, picking up odd packs at car boots, or a load of wet n dry on offer at bnq and so on. I was wondering what any of you guys did to store it all.

I'm going to opening all the packs and separating them into the various grades and I'm looking for a way of storing them in grades so they are handy (and tidy as ordered by demon) instead of being shoved the bottom of a toolbox. I'm possibly being a bit anal, but if you knew my missus, you would understand :-D

sent from my phone

Box file with dividers?

I store my ROS discs in zip lock bags...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Box file and dividers would be just the job, think I can get them cheap from b&m our such

Cheers

sent from my phone

Sander Caddy.png

I made this out of some plywood, the sections on the right are for the palm sander and half sheet sander, middle holds the the sanding disk for the drill, spare palm sander sheets. On the left the sheets of sandpaper.

Attachments

• Sander Caddy.png
    Sander Caddy.png
    23 KB · Views: 201
for the rolls of sandpaper, I saw someone use food cans, cut a slit down the side and just roll it up and slide in - the sharp edge then cuts it too! mount a few together on a board for different grades and you're done. (and now I've been reminded of it I must make one for MY rolls of sandpaper :) )

theartfulbodger":mhwji45n said:
I dimly remember an article in a mag a few years ago where they built a sanding stuff storage cabinet.
I probably still have it, but it'll be in the garage..if I can find it I'll pass it on.

Was probably the same magazine I got it from. I measured my sanders for the the dimensions and set it up on sketchup starting from that point. The one in the magazine had storage on top for the rolls of sandpaper to, but I didn't have enough ply to include that.

what grade of sandpaper is M?

would this be overkill?

209d6aa700580b79b8237bf75fa772c3.jpg

:D

(note, I have 2 in my workshop, one holds lathe tools the other holds precision tools)

Thanks I have been looking on gumtree from time to time for cabinets like that I would prefer wooden ones though.
Alan

I keep mine in a rack on the wall built from 9mm ply wide enough and tall enough to take an A4 sheet. The rack can have as many slots as you like within reason. I've got just two so several grits in each and one to take the half sheets etc that have some more life in them.
Cheers,
John

themackay":30ymu09h said:
Thanks I have been looking on gumtree from time to time for cabinets like that I would prefer wooden ones though.
Alan

Make some, it's a good excuse to make something and you can make them to the size you want.

Making them would like to long list of other items first
Like the chest on ebay no doubt loads of similar like items have been skipped
Alan

Back