Slowly getting there ....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rspsteve

Established Member
Reaction score
Had a few days off over the weekend and spent most of it in my "Shed"

Started setting up my Kity1619
001_zpsc4b96da2.jpg~original

002_zpsc3764606.jpg~original

Then I removed the right hand tables , my plan is to fir a router table there .
003_zpsa292448b.jpg~original

drilled the runners
004_zpsdec81869.jpg~original

005_zps81a3cdb0.jpg~original

cut some 25mm ply
007_zps7f0c7af6.jpg~original

made a 15mm rebate so I can bolt the 1st 25mm board and let the fence move over it.
then cut the 2nd bit.
008_zpsb43a0ca8.jpg~original

going to cut the top board and rout it out so the table fits flush ...had to remove a few mill off the router table.

also finished my work bench ...not pretty and its the 1st thing I have ever made ....be gentle with me..
016_zps44712d7e.jpg~original

017_zpsa73b5148.jpg~original

018_zps6f0715b0.jpg~original

And one of the mess that is my "shed"
014_zpsde37a170.jpg~original

Slowly getting there still loads to do but really enjoying it so far .

all comments welcome good and bad..

Steve

Ps also got a complete sliding table assembly off a schappech presisa 3 to fit ..I think it will go on but I will have to get the blade tilt handle modified.

looking good

that bench looks solid and functional and impressive for a first build

Steve

Nowt wrong with the bench. It's flat and stable? So it will work. :)

Ahh your rails are similar to the axi ts200 ones. When i did my router top, i had the main section the same depth as the saw top. The glued a 6mm piece of mdf to the bottom, creating a support for the top to sit on the rails and leave a space for the fence. :)

Thanks guys .

Carl my top is 50 mm so 2 bits of 25mm seemed logical to me... I made a rebate on the table saw for the fence clearance..happy with it so far .

Thats a good looking project Steve, and don't worry about the mess in the shed. Nobody believes there are tidy woodworkers :)

Random Orbital Bob":12njmqu2 said:
I build the tea cup rings into my sketchup plans :)

When I first started work I was on a drawing board, it was always reckoned that the drawing wasn’t approved until it had the
foreman’s coffee cup ring on it, so when we went over to CAD the coffee ring was one of the first things we drew up.

Had a few hours off today so had another play with the table saw ....got the sliding table from the Schappach presisa 3.0
after first fitting i realised that the presisa has the tilt control handle on the right side not the left!
So a guy local to me modded it by extending it ...not ideal but at least it works now .
Just need to remove a grub screw to remove it completely .
[
016_zps9712f783.jpg~original

Also started on the router table to the right hand side.

2 layers of 25mm ply fits perfectly 1st I cut the 2 pieces to size then marked out and routed out for the trend table then with a jigsaw
cut the hole for the router also gave it a coat of varnish ....here is the result so far .

026_zps1893e673.jpg~original

Steve

Back