Shop made small draw knife

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilco Flier

Established Member
Reaction score
In my other post about my shop made paring chisels, Tom K asked me to post some more information of my shop made drawknife as you can see in the quote:
please post details of your drawknife it looks splendid!
So hereby... :wink:

A few weeks ago I have made a small draw knife. The (O1) steel part is made from a leftover from my chisel project. I made it with a combination of grinding and blacksmithing. Its heat treated by a professional heat treatment company. The handles are made from padouk wood with brass ferrules. The rough the outer dimensions are 10” (260mm) by 3” (75mm). Its very, very sharp (don’t ask how I know this ;-)) and works well. It was a very nice project!

Attachments

• Haalmes.jpg
    Haalmes.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 1,573
Wilco Flier":24sf1ksy said:
In my other post about my shop made paring chisels, Tom K asked me to post some more information of my shop made drawknife as you can see in the quote:
please post details of your drawknife it looks splendid!
So hereby... :wink:

A few weeks ago I have made a small draw knife. The (O1) steel part is made from a leftover from my chisel project. I made it with a combination of grinding and blacksmithing. Its heat treated by a professional heat treatment company. The handles are made from padouk wood with brass ferrules. The rough the outer dimensions are 10” (260mm) by 3” (75mm). Its very, very sharp (don’t ask how I know this ;-)) and works well. It was a very nice project!

That is very beautiful.

BugBear

Back