July 2012 Challenge ( The Results ) and comments

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone

Paul has sent in the results for the July coloured rings challenge ( Thanks Paul )

1. and 6 points - Silverbirch - the mount worked well and the varying sizes of the rings also added interest.
2. and 5 points - gus3049 - an innovative way to display the rings
3. and 4 points - duncanh - the rings look uniform and well turned
4. and 3 points - nev - interesting way of displaying the rings
5. and 2 points - dennisk - the rings look well turned

1 point to all other entrants

We have a new organizer for August so look out for Nev's post

Thanks for supporting the challenge and good luck to all next month

Well done Ian. Beautiful finish as always.

The challenge apparently foxed a few this month as there were only eight of us out of the thirty three. Lets show Nev what we are made of next month chaps and chapesses.

Well done to all - there were some great ideas there a lots of skill.

I felt slightly embarrassed with my pitiful entry, but at least I did something.
If Nev doesn't decide soon I'll now have time to do the August one...

Delighted to come first in a small (but select :wink: ) field. Nev, Gus, I've got to agree - the hardest part of the challenge was coming up with an idea in the first place!
Thanks to Paul and Allen for your efforts.
Now, almost time for some more head scratching for August's challenge!

Ian

Well done to all , great use of the ring theme after the IOC had banned us from using the conventional style ,but what do they know they stopped my mate in the synchronised diving because he had no partner. :shock: :lol:
I thought Nev had hit the Bolt on the head with his entry , =D> but Gorden ran him off the road with his entry , :lol: :lol:
Paul did a great job on the judging and wold agree with his choices ,of course it was easy for him as I had no entry, :roll: :roll:
A few of the entrants seemed to be physic :roll: with there thoughts very close to one and other . :evil:
All in all a good excersise with the auld grey matter put to the test .

Now Nev. what are you going to come up with to cool The Blister. You should decide yourself ,look at the government leaders we get with polls .
Congratulations to the top five and hard luck to the other three ,I hope that the entries are increased for August .

I hope to see all who are on the list and and a few more enter The Challenge it's open to all and you just might Win .

Thought i'd move it to the correct place :wink:

nev wrote:
Loved the car body shape btw
gordon wrote:
Thanks Nev,
Its surprisingly hard to get the body to look right. I have been playing a bit to make some for Christmas and some of them look downright weird.
You could always have different nationality marques.
If it looks right - its British!
flag_uk.gif

ultra stylish - Italian,
italian-flag-54.gif

utilitarian - German,
flag_german.gif

downright weird - Citroen
1449.gif

or leave as a piece of 2x2 and call it a volvo
1499.gif
:mrgreen:

Did you plane the bottom of the car flat too?

Eugene - I think i outvoted myself :( so a bowl it is .

nev":3cyvjb95 said:
You could always have different nationality marques.
Did you plane the bottom of the car flat too?

Hmmm.... not sure where these were made then! A couple of tries just to see how they came out. Quite fun and they push easily so once I've got the body shape right, I reckon I could sell a few this Christmas. Might try some that look a bit more like real cars though :D

Planing the bottom flat a) makes it look better and b) means it can be clamped easily for drilling out axle holes and bandsawing bits off.

The yew one will have to stay anyway as its a bit poisonous and the poplar one has worm holes all over it so it looks like I get to play with them both. Have to find some decent wood for the real thing.

Attachments

• 100_3790.jpg
    100_3790.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 799
Back