Looking for supplier of Formica style high pressure laminate

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weasel Howlett

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know a good supplier of HPL, both coloured and woodgrain finish. I could get formica but i would love to find a cheaper alternative.

Also does anybody know of a way to avoid bubbling when applying formica style laminates to plywood??

Is there an Edens, James Latham, CF Andreson, Montigue Meyer, Lawcris near you they all do the Egger boards and matching laminates

http://www.edens.co.uk/gfx/ul/files/15.pdf

Put strips of wood under the laminate at about 300mm cts, draw them out one at a time starting from the centre and press the laminate down as you go with something like a "J-roller"

Jason

Thanks for the comprihensive list there Jason. Looks like edens is the closest but will have to see if they do all i need. James lathams is pretty outstanding, and there ATP dept may be the winner offering lots of faced plywood stuff.

Thanks again

The trouble is that I need the finishes on plywood due to wanting the layered laminate look to the ends of the boards. Im not sure from their page that egger do plywood. Shame though.

Back