Scheppach tku

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayshower

Reaction score
Hi!
New here, and joined when I saw info re Scheppach tku.
Realise this has been covered before - seven years ago!!! - but does anyone have a manual for the Scheppach tku.?
An old, but good condition one has just 'fallen into my workshop,. and I would appreciate any info re set up. maintenance etc.
Many thanks in advance,
Neil

Looks very similar to the Elu saw king site saw. The tilt adjuster is on the opposite end but otherwise identical in appearance.
The only problem I had was with the rise and fall mechanism which was siezed when I got the saw and took some work to get sorted but if you keep it clean and lightly lubed it works well enough.
Because of the lack of extraction from the base of the saw the blade well fills up with sawdust quite quickly and needs clearing out regularly. Not a huge problem but a zero clearance insert helped matters a lot there.
Look after the blade as well, decent 12" ones are expensive to replace.

Thank you, Alan. Would love to receive your information so kindly offered. Unfortunately, as a new member the forum will not allow me to send pm's. Have written to Charley (Admin) asking him to send you my email address but seem to have some misunderstanding. Will contact you as soon as I can, unless you can think of another way to establish contact.

Message for 'HOT STUFF'
Hi there, I have just joined the forum and would like some advice form you please. A friend of mine has given me an old TKU, in really bad condition. being a site worker this would be useful to me however like you, the rise and fall has seized, I wondered if there was a particular technique to free it up ? I can't see that there is a rise and fall stop lock as such,and the mechanism looks like it may have rusted onto the two guide bars at the top near the table itself. I have tried a little bit of force and lube to free it but no avail. A copy of the operating manual would also be helpful too. Thank you , Steve

Hi Steve, no special technique I'm afraid, just gentle persuasion, patience and lube. Works in so many areas of life I've found!
You're right, it's the bushings round the guide bar that sieze up but you'll need to make sure the threads on the scissor part are clear as well. I used compressed air and penetrating oil but although a bit of persuasion is ok, be careful not to whack anything too hard or you may break a casting which wouldn't be good.
If you've got a hot air gun or propane torch it might be worth giving it a bit of gentle heat then put a length of stick up against the edge of the collar and give it a whack. Once the seal is broken the rest is just winding it off the rusty part and cleaning up the rods.
I can't remember if I got a manual with it or not but I'll have a look in a couple of days and get in touch if I do.
Sorry I can't be more help but good luck with it anyway.

That's great thanks, my next port of call was to heat it up a bit to see if it comes free, as you alluded to firm but gentle pressure and a quantity of lube has generally worked in the past ! :D so hopefully will work again. Cheers Steve

Would just like to show appreciation to the forum for providing a place of help with unusual problems - Scheppach tku blade height adjustment - now happily resolved.
Especial thanks publicly to Alan - gwaithcoed - whose support was essential.
Best advice to others with this issue - persistence and patience! Have a happy 2018.
Neil.

Latest posts

Back