Lidl vaccuum

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These things are suitable for sawdust extraction, are they?
Will they do ashes from fireplaces too, and do Lidl usually keep spare dust bags in stock?

I can't see why they shouldn't be used for sawdust extraction. Either Aldi or Lidl, I forget which, do one specifically for fireplaces, and although I use mine for the stove I'm very careful the fire's been out for a day because it contains a paper bag with sawdust in it it'll be the next thing to go up in flames. I get my bags from -
http://36266f.42.ekmpowershop.net/index ... ion=search (yes, the address looks odd but is correct).

Ok - so I have the Titan version, which is pretty similar. For those that own this vac, would I be correct in saying this picture is misleading and would clog in seconds? :p

Even with just the hose?

Untitled2.png

Attachments

• Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    195.7 KB · Views: 1,214
The LED floodlight could be useful if you need additional lighting over your bench.

Chris152":2b12fpfr said:
I bought a couple last time they had them (I think they were £70, so maybe different spec). As I use them for dust I also bought a Hepa filter, but you can also buy fine filter bags on ebay.

Also, £30 for this - is that a deal or best avoided?!
https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Non-Food-Offe ... cleId=8930

It's down as taking 6mm cutters - ours tend to 1/4" so you'd need a collet.

Tasky - coincidentally I've literally just collected an ash vacuum I ordered from eBay. £25.99 delivered from Aim Tools.

transatlantic":1h5s6fbq said:
Ok - so I have the Titan version, which is pretty similar. For those that own this vac, would I be correct in saying this picture is misleading and would clog in seconds? :p

Mine has the PTO too. It gets building rubble, big and little wood shavings, sanding dust (from plaster and wood), all sorts of other things like filings from grinding, etc.

I have to remember to check the bag, as the suction doesn't really diminish until it's really too full and ready to tear itself open.

I think it was a brilliant buy and so far I'm very pleased with mine. Oh and the hose is slightly wider than the normal Henry size, so it fits my rail saw without the need for any adaptor. And it came with a narrow extra hose that goes straight on the sanders, biscuit jointer etc.

I'm still trying to spot where it's rubbish... bit noisy perhaps?

E.

PS: Sadly the router only has metric collets, or so it says, 6mm and 8mm. Latter would be OK-ish though.

JSW":28ylyhqa said:
Eric The Viking":28ylyhqa said:
PS: Sadly the router only has metric collets, or so it says, 6mm and 8mm. Latter would be OK-ish though.
Solution
"Anyway, after a cutter slipped during use, which scared the rubbish out of me as it bounced off the floor and flew past my ..." - think I'll leave it!

That's quoting the OP using an Aldi router, my solution refers to the Lidl one.

They may be clones of one another, or indeed some other manufacturer, but the replacement Katsu collet I linked to works just fine with the Lidl router.

BUT ... that was two years ago ...

Mark A":2ivsygws said:
Tasky - coincidentally I've literally just collected an ash vacuum I ordered from eBay. £25.99 delivered from Aim Tools.
Rgr that, have bookmarked for future!

Back