box joint jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, some pics of mine. Not too fancy but it works!

finger_joint_jib_1.jpg

finger_joint_jig_2.jpg

finger_joint_jig_3.jpg

Cheers,

Attachments

• finger_joint_jib_1.jpg
    finger_joint_jib_1.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 127
  • finger_joint_jig_2.jpg
    finger_joint_jig_2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 127
  • finger_joint_jig_3.jpg
    finger_joint_jig_3.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 127
That's neat. I was wondering how to do it - obvious innit!. Is there a risk of accumulated errors? i.e. fitting neat at one end of a joint but drifting away by the time you get to the other?

Jacob, with mine , which is essentially an adjustable version of Chris's, I allow a bit more clearance in each cut for very wide joints.
Gives a bit more wriggle room and possibly reduced grab when gluing up which can get stressful!

Jacob":e0o84z9v said:
That's neat. I was wondering how to do it - obvious innit!. Is there a risk of accumulated errors? i.e. fitting neat at one end of a joint but drifting away by the time you get to the other?

I don't think any error in the pin to blade spacing will accumulate as both halves of the joint are done on the same jig. Any error should make all of the fingers equally too tight or too loose.

Cheers,

Any body get bored over x mas how do you fancy making me one of these Matthias Wandel’s Woodgears screw advance jig for single blade table saw ? I have a startrite 275 table saw' and would be able to add the runners when delivered .
So if anyone on here fancy making one for me or something close to it inbox pm me a price with delivery or if not to far away i will collect thank;s in anticipation Alan

mock":6iibwa3e said:
Please, it’s Christmas, :ho2 :ho2 :ho2
Mock
All you need to do is make yourself a bandsaw so you can make yourself a tablesaw so you can make yourself a boxjoint jig, so you can make yourself a box.

Sorry i can not remember if i said for a single blade table saw if the one in the link was for a single blade table saw i will look into it asp thank's Alan yes sorry i have edited my post i have a startrite 275 single blade table saw

Back