Any watch aficionados out there.?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikNak

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all.... just got back from holiday only to find that my Seiko World Timer was throwing a wobbly.... the 'watch' is working ok, but the world timer isn't syncing as it should.

Took it in to my local repairman yesterday to have a look, and he declared that the electronic circuit mechanism was at fault and needed replacing. He tried all his usual sources but drew a blank :(

If theres anyone out there that may know where i can get hold of a Seiko Cal. 5T82 mechanism that would be great.

Attachments

• IMG_1304.JPG
    IMG_1304.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 690
  • IMG_1303.JPG
    IMG_1303.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 690
i cannot help with that query. Long ago, i had a seiko, and it had a couple of new batteries over the years, fitted by a local jeweler. It died a death in the end, because the seal had never been replaced on the back with each battery change, and water/sweat had corroded the insides. I wonder whether this had been the cause of the issue with yours?

marcros.... i doubt it as it only got worn occasionally as its my 'holiday' watch. I normally wear my chrono day-in-day-out. But thanks for the input.

Nick

Back