Axminster TS250-2 modifications.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a spare riving knife for the saw from Axminster only a couple of £ and just trimmed it on the bandsaw, that way it was already prepared for mounting on the saw and only the exposed area needed modifying.

Mike

rhencek":3sf1ryf0 said:
Yea I read it on page 40 of pdf manual. OK I understand. I ask because czech manufacturer PILANA offers grooving blade with a 5 mm tooth width at the thickness of a 3.5 mm. I think that this is quite good alternative (cost 22.- €) to regular Dado blade.

Richard

Had a look at the PILANA site and they do indeed have a 5mm and 6mm tooth blade with a 3.5mm body, they are only small dia, but for trenching work may well be the answer: http://www.pilana.com/en/grooving-tct-c ... saw-blades, just need to check the internal clearance with that tooth width against the belt shield.

Mike

I am pretty close to pulling the trigger on one now. Any advice on the best time to buy?

When I bought by TS200 3 years ago it was in early December. They then cut the price drastically and brought the mk2 out a few weeks later. Which was annoying.

Do Axminster still jack all their prices up in January?

The 250 basic setup is 499 ATM, which seem a fair price for what's on offer.

Just need to get my TS200 sold now...

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Bodgers":nwpk724g said:
Do Axminster still jack all their prices up in January?

I don't think so (n.b.: "think"):

Since they no longer produce a printed catalogue, there's no need for an annual step, as they don't have to maintain prices all year (to match the catalogue). They may still do it though, just because they can then also do a pre-increase sales push.

Wiser heads than mine will be along any minute, probably...

MikeJhn":31n5sgsj said:
Bodgers

Did you buy one in the end?

Mike
Not yet. The plan is to list my TS200 on eBay the week after Christmas, and then buy the TS250 mid January. Just hoping they don't crank up the price in Jan.

I was going to list TS200 a few weeks ago, and then I did my back in, so I wasn't able to put the original extension table back on it and prep it for sale.

bodgers - i may be interested.... how much do you want for the ts200? and where are you?

I am open to offers. I am near York.

It has a brand new front fence rail on it and the extension table is unused as I made my own from plywood. Top is in excellent condition with no rust and the throat plate is zero clearance. I also have the Mk2 shaped fence rail for it that I can throw in with the deal if you fancied DIYing a mk2 fence on to it.

I have couple of spare blades, one of which is a fine cross cut.

A year since this thread was started now on Page 12 and 11,256 hits, must prove something?

Mike

Bodgers, did Brandlin buy the TS200 from you and more importantly did you buy a TS250-2?

Mike

MikeJhn":143u8e8b said:
Bodgers, did Brandlin buy the TS200 from you and more importantly did you buy a TS250-2?

Mike

I heard nothing from him after my reply....

My TS200 is now on eBay and is due to end on Sunday.

I have actually now wrapped it all up, and I am finding I am actually getting away with just using the bandsaw and a tracksaw + hand tools, so I am having second thoughts about having a tablesaw at all! The extra space is nice....

Bodgers":1n273r38 said:
MikeJhn":1n273r38 said:

Mike

I have actually now wrapped it all up, and I am finding I am actually getting away with just using the bandsaw and a tracksaw + hand tools, so I am having second thoughts about having a tablesaw at all! The extra space is nice....
Ok I bought the extension table kit for the Axy TS250 MK2 but now I don't need it as I have decided on a life without a TS. It is in the For Sale forum if anyone is interested...

Bodgers":3p895b0k said:
Bodgers":3p895b0k said:
MikeJhn":3p895b0k said:

Mike

Ok I bought the extension table kit for the Axy TS250 MK2 but now I don't need it as I have decided on a life without a TS. It is in the For Sale forum if anyone is interested...

my apologies christmas completely overtook me. i hope you got a good price for it. york wouldnt have been too easy for me... my loss.

Bodgers":30ta8zxd said:
Bodgers":30ta8zxd said:
MikeJhn":30ta8zxd said:

Mike

my apologies christmas completely overtook me. i hope you got a good price for it. york wouldnt have been too easy for me... my loss.

EDIT
=======

Looking for some advice on the TS200 fence clamp (version 1).

I picked up a second hand TS200 a couple months ago. It's OK but I've not been happy with the fence - as I tighten the handle the fence moves at the far end - usually getting the fence straight. Today I took a closer look at what's going on and found gouges along the side rail (measure). The issue is that the flexible cup washer on the handle/bolt is no longer attached - it's hole is now too large and the bolt goes straight through into the side rail. this explains the 'play' in the fence and the gouging.

I assume Axminster can provide a new bolt and washer, or do I need the full fence clamp assembly? I'm assuming I'm not the only one to have had this issue, so hope someone has a solution.

Guys can we try not to turn this "Tool Review" into a for sale section.

Thanks
Mike

Monions2112":1i2lsemn said:
EDIT
=======

Looking for some advice on the TS200 fence clamp (version 1).

I picked up a second hand TS200 a couple months ago. It's OK but I've not been happy with the fence - as I tighten the handle the fence moves at the far end - usually getting the fence straight. Today I took a closer look at what's going on and found gouges along the side rail (measure). The issue is that the flexible cup washer on the handle/bolt is no longer attached - it's hole is now too large and the bolt goes straight through into the side rail. this explains the 'play' in the fence and the gouging.

I assume Axminster can provide a new bolt and washer, or do I need the full fence clamp assembly? I'm assuming I'm not the only one to have had this issue, so hope someone has a solution.

This is a common problem on the TS200 that doesn't get mentioned that often. It is a rare TS200 you see for sale that doesn't have a knarled up fence rail. I bought a replacement rail for mine in the end it got so bad. Axminster can supply the part but it will happen again.

On mine I actually made a replacement cup from plastic and then replaced the retaining screw with a plastic one, so that if the screw head ever makes contact again it doesn't do too much damage. The design isn't the best, one are where the mk2 is a big improvement...

Oh I give up, we are now on a different saw. :roll:

Any future updates on my TS250-2 modifications will be on the previous pages and referenced here.

Mike

Thanks Bodgers,

I'll take a look into that today, and probably speak with Axminster as well.

Mikejhn - yes, sorry about that. I realised that I'd posted in the wrong thread but there didn't seem anyway to delete the post and enter it into a TS200 thread.

Back