Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhh

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is just dreadful. My first "proper" woodworking machine, bought for about a fiver from the local auction room, missing one of the feet for the bed bar. Half an hour with the welder and some red paint and it earned its keep for a couple of years before being replaced with a Consort.

haha I had these people phone me yesterday asking if I wanted to go on the programme, had a chat with some bloke from the production team but knew I was going to turn it down (if they had been happy with me even) dont fancy being on telly AT ALL!!!! btw they pay £100 at the time of dropping the item off then they pay you the price you quote for the job. In all about 6 hrs filming across 3 sessions - drop off, work in progress and finished item.

I caught it the other day for the first time ever and felt compelled to watch.
It was hateful :lol:

What can I say, it's terrible, but in keeping with the general moronic standard of so much TV these days. It's all about catering for the masses, or peasants as I call them :lol: (Advertising drives it all, and advertising is related to viewing figures, so quality and taste doesn't come into it)

I am a member of a dog forum and every so often we get enquiries from some TV production muppet asking for people to volunteer to be filmed with there dogs (usually misbehaving, or doing something extrucuatingly awful and 'human like' ) This seems to amuse the two legged morons who have somehow become the dominant species on the planet. :evil:

Judging by the idiots who pay the prices for the finished goods on this show it is a mystery to me how the humans did get to be so dominant.

phil.p":71rsur1c said:
Advertising drives it all, and advertising is related to viewing figures ...
yer but no but - it's the BBC.

If its MADE by the BBC then they probably sell the show or the format to other countries - so they need to show viewing figures to make that sale.

If its only SHOWN on the BBC but made by another production company, then the BBC spent money on buying the show and would have to have bid more than other broadcasters to get the rights... and again the cost of that is based on the ratings.

Everyone having moaned about the show though - you ARE still watching it. You ARE driving the viewing figures up. YOU are responsible.

The bits I've watched just show how wonderful the modern art scene is. Mind you I'm not too sure it would remain that way if they legalised whatever it is the clowns on there are taking?

Just a thought? My smell checquer has just underlined the word legalised. Is a 'z' in there the Yank smelling or is that the correct English smelling for us on this side of the pond? Sorry, I can't smell smelling cause I got a cold! :shock: :shock:

It's the biggest load of rubbish I've seen recently and I got slated for saying so on another thread, it really illustrates how general perception of quality has changed... for the worse. The word rubbish was used intentionally!
It irritates me to think that my licence fee which I firmly now believe shouldn't be enforced, is wasted on programs like this.

BTW anyone who thinks the BBC doesn't advertise must switch off between programs when they spend several minutes advertising their own products. over and over again!

Hi All

What a load of Moaning Minnie's!! Yes, some of the craftsmen don't meet all your exacting standards and I'm sure everyone else on the forum can do all the different things such as upholstery, carpentry, electrics/electronics, blacksmithing and turning to substantially higher standards than any of the crafts people on the programme. But I think you are missing the point. This is not a programme fro experts to look at, it is one to hopefully encourage the general public NOT to chuck everything away, bit to look for alternate uses with help from people more skilled than the average viewer.

At the end of the day, upcycle is much better than recycle or just plain burying the waste.

I expect that some of you are just jealous of the process obtained!!!

Phil

Lons":zvs2pghg said:
It's the biggest load of rubbish I've seen recently and I got slated for saying so on another thread, it really illustrates how general perception of quality has changed... for the worse. The word rubbish was used intentionally!
It irritates me to think that my licence fee which I firmly now believe shouldn't be enforced, is wasted on programs like this.

BTW anyone who thinks the BBC doesn't advertise must switch off between programs when they spend several minutes advertising their own products. over and over again!

You just got slated on here to mate :D :D

123, if I may call you that? Is upcyclying similar to buy-cycling per-chance, where the upcyclers are they wot do the upping and the buyers are the people who 'buy-cycle' and aren't really sure which way is 'up' ? :? :?

Jonzjob":d7mfzi0i said:
You just got slated on here to mate :D :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: same ol same ol
If he saw the early Christmas present I've bought myself he wouldn't have made the "jealous" comment. Certainly not from a financial viewpoint.

Still we're all entitled to our opinions and I for one respect that. I haven't changed mine after watching part of a program today, a repeat to boot! How skillful is dripping paint down a chair leg and flocking a cuckoo clock. :wink:

Just a quick reminder.

Money For Nothing has just started on BBC1

Wouldn't want all you know it all curmudgeons to miss it.

You all seem to watch it a lot considering you don't like it.

Enjoy....

Latest posts

Back