• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD Auger Bit Files - Iridium - Italian

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DigitalM

Established Member
Reaction score
I ordered a few extra auger bit files as the postage was ludicrous (as much as the file!). I had hoped that I could sharpen my auger bits with something cheaper but the general consensus was that a proper file will last a very long time and does the job well without risk of damage to any of the other nearby parts. So, meh! Sometimes you're better off with the real thing (I managed to convince myself yet again ... I probably have GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome)

NickN bagsied a file already, so I have two more available @ £17 each inc. mainland UK postage.

Here's a little pic I just McGyvered up of the actual files:

Iridium_Lo.jpg

or click this linky for a high quality version. You can use the % zoom option to really embiggen it and see the closeups.

One side has safe faces with files on the edges, the other has safe edges with files on the faces.

These are the one's sold by Lee Valley in the US and also by Tools For Woodworking in the US, but as I said the postage is expensive. I believe that Dieter Schmidt also sells them, but I liked the look of these Italian files.

Express an interest here and I will PM.

Attachments

• Iridium_Lo.jpg
    Iridium_Lo.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 1,726
Received mine today, well packaged and delivered quickly too.

Anyone considering getting this I'd recommend doing so while DigitalM still has a couple available - they are indeed the best ones currently available made by Corradi in Italy, and it is virtually impossible to obtain them directly as a minimum order or large postage amount makes it prohibitively expensive.

I gave mine a quick go today on a No. 13 bit which was being troublesome and what is nice is having the safe FACES at one end and the safe EDGES at the other, making it a lot less stressful and worry free to sharpen all areas of the bit with one tool easily. Pleased I bought it.

fSoaBLa.jpg

I'll have one :) gimme a shout with details for payment

Robbo3":1zehh735 said:
Now that they are all sold, if anyone else wants one ....

Auger Bit File €9.90
Unfortunately carriage to the UK is also €9.90
- https://www.fine-tools.com/schlangenbohrerfeile.html

I believe they're very good tools too, but not the same ones. The ones on sale were the ones from Corradi in Italy, sold under the Iridium name. Obviously, fine-tools.com are very highly respected seller, and quite a few people recommended for their auger bit files too.

Iridium just arrived, watched the postie struggle up the wonky old steps and battle through the snow that has been falling all morning here in Edinburgh.

all arrived in perfect condition well chuffed :)

Droogs":3s8qqgc5 said:
Iridium just arrived, watched the postie struggle up the wonky old steps and battle through the snow that has been falling all morning here in Edinburgh.

all arrived in perfect condition well chuffed :)

Glad to hear that, sorry it took a little longer due to family commitments + Christmas!

Back