Notes on Surrey Timbers@Guildford

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
I am putting together a table of timber yards, with information from members who have actually visited the yards. Can you please help with information about Surrey Timbers?
(To VIEW the full list of yards click here)
(To ADD a new yard/s please post here)

Are they hobby friendly?

Can you self-select or is it by appointment?

Will they deliver?

Do they have online ordering?

Are prices displayed at the yard?

Do they sell domestic hardwoods?

Do they sell other hardwoods?

Do they sell softwoods?

Do they sell manufactured boards?

Do they sell turning blanks?

Are they a one-man-band or a small, medium or large yard?

Will they cut to length to fit in your vehicle?

Do you have any comments?

Thanks for your help,
Neil

Are they hobby friendly? - Yes they are a nice bunch of people and are happy to help

Can you self-select or is it by appointment? - Self select for the majority of timbers

Will they deliver? - I don't know as I have always collected in person

Do they have online ordering? - I don't know as I have always collected in person

Are prices displayed at the yard? - Yes, most of the individual items are priced

Do they sell domestic hardwoods? - Yes

Do they sell other hardwoods? - Yes

Do they sell softwoods? - Yes

Do they sell manufactured boards? - I don't believe so, but I have not looked

Do they sell turning blanks? - Yes, some lovely ones

Are they a one-man-band or a small, medium or large yard? - Small industrial unit with a ground floor and a mezzanine level full of interesting timber

Will they cut to length to fit in your vehicle? - I don't know

Do you have any comments? - They are a friendly bunch, will happily help you choose something suitable and they have some lovely large slabs for that special project!

Will they cut to length to fit in your vehicle? Yes, and they have a 500mm wide spiral block thicknesser so you can get tear out free thicknessed stock, there may be a charge for that unlike cross cutting to length, which has always been free whenever I've bought.

Will they deliver? Yes, free in the local area. Plus they'll package up and dispatch by courier for suitable orders, obviously that's chargeable.

Newbie_Neil":1z5nwcbz said:

The owner's South African and worked in the African timber trade for many years, consequently you'll find exceptional African timbers that are virtually unobtainable elsewhere in the UK. They also carry a good selection of waney edged slabs.

Newbie_Neil":1j460fml said:
I am putting together a table of timber yards, with information from members who have actually visited the yards. Can you please help with information about Surrey Timbers?
(To VIEW the full list of yards click here)
(To ADD a new yard/s please post here)

Are they hobby friendly? Yes

Can you self-select or is it by appointment? Free to mooch around alone or with assistance if reqd

Will they deliver? Don't know

Do they have online ordering? You can certainly view individual boards online and they will set them aside for a day or so so you can visit.

Are prices displayed at the yard? yes verything I saw was priced

Do they sell domestic hardwoods? yes

Do they sell other hardwoods? yes

Do they sell softwoods? Not sure

Do they sell manufactured boards? I don't think so

Do they sell turning blanks? yes

Are they a one-man-band or a small, medium or large yard? medium 3-4 staff around

Will they cut to length to fit in your vehicle? yes

Very helpful and wide selection of feature timbers for that special project. I like the ability to look at specific boards on line with photos of the grain etc.

Thanks for your help,
Neil

HTH
Bob

Matt Estlea has just posted a useful video tour of Surrey Timbers which shows the range of boards stocked and introduces services available.

[youtube]azOeLRR2vyA[/youtube]

https://youtu.be/azOeLRR2vyA

Back