Black Friday deals - seen any good sales?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OscarG

Established Member
Reaction score
Amazon sale starts today but tool selection not brilliant.

Anyone see any tool stores offering Black Friday deals? :ho2

Its Black Friday that's the joke, why the H**l have we taken on another Americanism. :roll:

Mike

MikeJhn":12ckg4wq said:
Its Black Friday that's the joke, why the H**l have we taken on another Americanism. :roll:

Mike

Because communication is worldwide, most people don't realise, or care that the video they are watching on you tube, or the person the are communicating with on a forum, or the web site they are reading is American, They just copy the phrases they hear and the names of things mentioned without ever thinking about it.

Then we have the news people who get a lot of news from america and just repeat it word for word. If a name or phrase is on the news, or on the web then people repeat it.

It's Black Friday this and Black Friday that, no one ever even mentions poor old Robinson Crusoe and really he was the main character in the book.

Got an ITS thingy through the door today, it says ''TWO WEEKS OF BLACK FRIDAY'' on the front.

I binned it without opening it, can't be bothered with retarded statements like that.

Bit like the saying that "I can work at 110%" :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mike

OscarG":1iuxckji said:
Amazon sale starts today but tool selection not brilliant.

Anyone see any tool stores offering Black Friday deals? :ho2
You must know about Amazon Warehouse, can sometimes get good deals on returned tools, often just an opened box return that they have to sell as a second.

I recently discovered a site called camelcamelcamel.com which monitors Amazon price changes and sends you alerts when your watched items drop in price.

It's interesting to see how the prices go up and down, I bought a Dewalt tablesaw for £699 a couple of months ago...its over a £1040 now... smugface!

The black friday is a mess but if I get some bargains I'm not gonna complain.

MikeJhn":14aihtgj said:

Mike
If I get a genuinely good deal, they can call the day/weekend/week whatever they like. :D

BugBear

Axminster bandsaw blades 25% off til the 30th November.

Bad news is that they've now stopped price matching throughout the shop.

I'm another who looks on with amusement at Black Friday and its 14 day entourage of Dark Grey days. What a joke.

I looked at the Rutlands site to see what sort of deals they have on clamps/cramps. Just about nothing. The prices seem to be just the same or very close to pre-BF sale prices. Tried the same at Axi with similar results. Will not bother again.

The secret is to make sure you know the normal price (and don't trust what they TELL you is the normal price).

There's a lot of hype and BS out there, but also genuine bargains, if you know how to spot them.

BugBear

bugbear":27eu4syx said:
The secret is to make sure you know the normal price (and don't trust what they TELL you is the normal price).

There's a lot of hype and BS out there, but also genuine bargains, if you know how to spot them.

BugBear

There was a bit on the news about it earlier, mainly the likes of argos and currys but it applies to other too. Items that were reduced to £199 for Black Friday then went down to £149 in December.

Also Was and Now prices are very misleading, Was £99 Now £39 may not mean it was £99 the day before it went down to £39, the Was price can be the highest price it has ever been. So Was £99 Now £39 can mean Was £99 for a very short time a year ago, then it went down to £35 and today it is £39 (but it will be £30 in the pre-xmas sale).

Many chain stores used to (and may still unless the law has changed) put up the price for 28 days (iirc) in one store so they could legally claim when they put a sale on that was the previous price - the fact it was only that price in one store out of hundreds allowed it.

Last year, I was in the market for a new dishwasher (the bottle of Fairy Liquid was running out). Two weeks before Black Friday the model I was after was £479. the week before BF, it went up to 499. BF weekend itself, it came down to 489. It then stayed at that price until the week after Christmas, when it came down again to, you guessed it £479.

I'm glad I bought it in early November - having a hunch that it would do something like this.

Chris

Back