Morse tapers.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that's news to me, I've only ever seen the dimensions (Min dia. - Max dia. and length of taper.) and never bothered to compute or check the angles. Guess the wall thickness of the sleeve will determine how much projection you will get.
Stand corrected.

CHJ":h3nk116s said:
Well that's news to me ...
And to me CHJ. When I saw the original suggestion I started to write a response just like yours but before posting did check out the reference to 'B' tapers and was surprised to see the equivalence with 'short MORSE'. I would have expected the chuck to have a 'JACOBS' taper which is very different from a Morse taper. And were that the case your caution would be spot on.

I suspect that you and I are 'old school' and 'B' tapers are new-fangled aberrations :D :D :D - - - devised to trip us up !

Must admit all my chucks (of various pedigree Jacobs and otherwise) have JT Tapers.

Yes, definitely old school, spent an hour this afternoon loading the car for a trip to the recycle centre in the morning, not the first trip this week, today's seen several 10's of kilos of assorted odd ball bits of metalwork, nuts bolts, screws brackets etc. that once met the 'might be useful' criteria, several hundred 5-1/4" and 3-1/2" floppies, including full sets of Windows and office original software. their respective drives closeted away should they be useful some time, old Amstrad gear and software. Several years worth of PCPlus magazine CD's. All started last week with a draw that was overloaded in my old 'Den' and in need of some TLC. Of coarse it was full of stuff not really needed as were all the other draws, and of course it would be better replaced with a matching unit to the others!!! we've now got about four sq. mtrs of storage floor space empty, a couple of sq. mtrs. of shed space as a result of re-housing the old draw units, and still a few days of refining the needed pile to go. Must keep the shed door secured as much as possible for a while, there's still a smidgen of 'surplus' in there.

Sorry for going off on an off-topic ramble caveman I feel better for it anyway.

Back