Workshop Security.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lons":2wcv0jzv said:
Flynnwood":2wcv0jzv said:
An ex police officer I met has simple concealed locks fitted to internal doors which restrict movement around the ground floor if someone got in. For example; back door leads to kitchen, then kitchen leads to living room via a door. That door would be locked (from the living room side) when one is going to bed. So if anyone gets in the back door, they are pretty much contained in the kitchen. Same goes from living room to stairwell.

It buys time for the house-owner to react, as well as making things very awkward for a burglar.

Example from screw fix:
https://www.screwfix.com/p/era-brass-co ... pack/5748g

personally I wouldn't want to do that as I would not want to restrict or hinder our own movements around the house in the event of an emergency. If we had a fire in the middle of the night we could get out but with the mutt locked in the kitchen my missus would kill me if it got left behind. :(

Get a mutt flap in the kitchen door :lol:

Flynnwood":2tpb4575 said:
Lons":2tpb4575 said:
Flynnwood":2tpb4575 said:
An ex police officer I met has simple concealed locks fitted to internal doors which restrict movement around the ground floor if someone got in. For example; back door leads to kitchen, then kitchen leads to living room via a door. That door would be locked (from the living room side) when one is going to bed. So if anyone gets in the back door, they are pretty much contained in the kitchen. Same goes from living room to stairwell.

It buys time for the house-owner to react, as well as making things very awkward for a burglar.

Example from screw fix:
https://www.screwfix.com/p/era-brass-co ... pack/5748g

personally I wouldn't want to do that as I would not want to restrict or hinder our own movements around the house in the event of an emergency. If we had a fire in the middle of the night we could get out but with the mutt locked in the kitchen my missus would kill me if it got left behind. :(

Get a mutt flap in the kitchen door :lol:
She's a labrador, even I could get through one big enough for her. :lol: :lol:

phil.p":26oi08sz said:
:lol: I thought the same. My last mutt was a seven stone American bulldog - he'd have got stuck and taken the door and probably the lining with him.

With one of them, do you need to lock the door anyway ? :lol: :lol:

phil.p":3maup55m said:
He wasn't a patch on my eighteen stone, twenty eight inch neck English mastiff. :D

Hey Phill My Rory would eat yours for breakfast! :lol:

cheers
Brian

Back