Norwegian boat building axe video

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NazNomad":3fttapu0 said:
He needs to get on here and start a sharpening thread.

I couldn't make up my mind whether or not to report you or to give you a thumbs up.

I've wanted to go to Norway for years and now that place (ideally when they're giving demos) is high on my list of places to visit.

That was an interesting if short video.

My other half went to Denmark last year and visited the Viking Ship Museum at Roskilde. The photos look great and i am planning a trip there myself at some point.

morfa":3pntwua7 said:
NazNomad":3pntwua7 said:
He needs to get on here and start a sharpening thread.

I couldn't make up my mind whether or not to report you or to give you a thumbs up.

I've wanted to go to Norway for years and now that place (ideally when they're giving demos) is high on my list of places to visit.

I have spent a fair bit of time in Norway for work over the last year. It is very expensive (a beer £13, 2 course mid range meal is probably around £50 with no beer or wine) certainly to eat in reasonable mid range restaurants. The food is very very good and fresh, but you pay for it. It is one of the most beautiful countries that I have ever been. The people are very friendly and I can thoroughly recommend it as a place to visit.

The Norwegian dream is all about getting out into nature- hiking, skiing, hunting etc. Many families have access to "cabins" which are technically anything from a shed upwards, but typically more like a second home in many cases. I haven't been to one but I have seen pictures. I think part of this is because it is much cheaper to take some food, head out on a hike etc than to entertain a family in a city. Camping may be an alternative way to do it on a budget, particularly if you were heading somewhere remote. If I was paying, I would certainly look at doing this because you don't want to get a taxi very far or it will bankrupt you!

I like how the saw cut is his rough dimension and from there he refines with an axe.

Back