Opinions on Proxxon DSH2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatknot

Established Member
Reaction score
Asking on behalf of a potential buyer of a Proxxon DSH2

I haven't had a Proxxon myself but they are usually well regarded

Wondered if anyone had one and could highlight any good or bad points

I understand the blade clamping grub screw is rather soft and needs replacing often (but could just be heavy handed users ;-)

Anyone?

I've got one, I use it very occasionally, the screw does need changing, from memory I think a few 16mm M4 high tensile cap head screws were about 2 quid for 50 + and that fixed it.

For the money it's way ahead of the clones about 30 quid cheaper than the Proxxon, but it is still quite cheap so he shouldn't expect it to be top notch but I found it to be easy to use and pretty solid. My use is very general, I've cut wood and aluminium on it to good effect.

Cheers
Andy

Many thanks I shall report that back to the enquirer :)

Farmer Giles":2d5wgrw9 said:
I've got one, I use it very occasionally, the screw does need changing, from memory I think a few 16mm M4 high tensile cap head screws were about 2 quid for 50 + and that fixed it.

For the money it's way ahead of the clones about 30 quid cheaper than the Proxxon, but it is still quite cheap so he shouldn't expect it to be top notch but I found it to be easy to use and pretty solid. My use is very general, I've cut wood and aluminium on it to good effect.

Cheers
Andy

I bought a proxxon 2 speed scroll saw 3 weeks ago I am now having problems with the clamping mechanism in that it will not hold the blades when tensioning unless I put a peice on sandpaper/emery paper in the clamps with the blade and this doesn't always work,I use pegas and olson blades.I have emailed axminster were I bought the saw from to ask for advice or to return the saw,as for the cap heads in the clamps I have had no problems in fact the allen key rounds off rather than the cap head.

There should be no need to add a piece of sandpaper between the blade, in fact as one side of sandpaper is flat it would not help IMHO

Are you roughing the ends of the blades ? some can be a bit shiny so rough them up with the sandpaper

Make sure there are no remnants of a previous broken blade stuck in the blade clamp

Otherwise it should grip

Or are you over tensioning the blade once fitted ?

rayben":3q9tb2k3 said:
I bought a proxxon 2 speed scroll saw 3 weeks ago I am now having problems with the clamping mechanism in that it will not hold the blades when tensioning unless I put a peice on sandpaper/emery paper in the clamps with the blade and this doesn't always work,I use pegas and olson blades.I have emailed axminster were I bought the saw from to ask for advice or to return the saw,as for the cap heads in the clamps I have had no problems in fact the allen key rounds off rather than the cap head.

Sorry should have said the sand paper although very thin I double it when inserting it with the blade so the there is grit on the blade and on the clamp side.I have had a reply from axminster saying they are looking into the problem,no mention of taking it back to the axminster shop were I bought,will give them until Wednesday if I havn't had a suitable reply by then I will take it back to the shop.

Back