Axminster 2030 lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcmguy

Established Member
Reaction score
Just in case anyone is interested, I noticed the above lathe is reduced from £3k to £2.2k today (13/10/17)..making it only about £300 more than the 1628. Seems like a good discount to me!

dcmguy":2q4fxgyu said:
Just in case anyone is interested, I noticed the above lathe is reduced from £3k to £2.2k today (13/10/17)..making it only about £300 more than the 1628. Seems like a good discount to me!

It is a good deal, have just ordered one :D , I did consider the maxi1 at £400 cheaper, but by the time you add the out rigger its just over £200 cheaper, also axi customer service is second to none

I asked Axminster about it. The machine is being discontinued due to overlap with the Powermatic 3520B, or something like that. They said there were a couple of dozen left. Same 3-year warranty and all that. I was slightly concerned about spares and repairs long term, but not too concerned. After watching Mike Waldt change a belt on his 1628, and reading the manual, it seems mechanically and electrically pretty straightforward. Not too worried about the RPM display electronics, but suspect they are unlikely to be a problem.

So... It's probably more lathe than I'll ever need but... Now I just need the builder to finish my garage before delivery.

Al

It’s more lathe than I’ll ever need, and at £2.2k with the legs and extension bed included it’s effectively the same price as the 1628 with legs and extension bed. £2k is barely a week’s family holiday these days ...easily justified ...ordered. :)

In the same tone of Axy discounts

this Creusen Grinder is reduced from £198 down to £91

New lathe delivered today, 2 people needed to assemble it , what a beast it is, those who have ordered it will not be disappointed
regards
Andy

andy43":3qxr26ut said:
New lathe delivered today, 2 people needed to assemble it , what a beast it is, those who have ordered it will not be disappointed
regards
Andy

........as per forum rules, without piccys it didn’t happen!!!

S

best I can do for now, had to put it in here as need to make more room for it
lathe 2030.jpg

Attachments

• lathe 2030.jpg
    lathe 2030.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,245
Nice. I missed the movable extension feature when I first saw this. Great bonus and easy to do when designed in at casing stage, difficult to achieve otherwise.

Have fun!

S

dcmguy":o10c61wj said:
It’s more lathe than I’ll ever need, and at £2.2k with the legs and extension bed included it’s effectively the same price as the 1628 with legs and extension bed. £2k is barely a week’s family holiday these days ...easily justified ...ordered. :)
Have you told the kids its their christmas present yet

Lol...nah ... I changed my mind ...cancelled the order ... vicmarc vl300 evs asm is a much better machine imo ...gonna get that instead ...’buy the best you can afford’ ...the vicmarc is only a fraction of the cost of our last trip to Istanbul on the Orient Express ! ;) (as is the Robust AB)

Ps. No kids ...far too horrible based on most I’ve met ... family = parents, siblings, spouses and their families etc ...just imagine 4 double rooms at Gleneagles with partners for a golfing week...then compare with lathe costs! benefits of being a former investment banker ;)

Wowsers, that’s a beast. I work in a cellar and nearly killed myself getting the 1628 down the stairs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back