Avoid Milwaukee power tools with a chuck

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RogerS":11jm5mnw said:
Gareth, according to the supplier Trade Counter Direct they contacted Milwaukee twice and with the same response.

"Go forth and multiply."

I meant direct, ie you contacting them. I dealt with Milwaukee direct as my hammer drill electrics were playing up after two years of ownership and I had a brand new drill delivered in around a week. My only cost was a box to package it in to send it to them.

My experience of their customer service was extremely helpful. Maybe it would not be the same with a chuck but I would not rely on the Trade Counter Direct to represent you correctly.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Well that was a wasted telephone call ...

"Most manufacturers don;t give any warranty on their chucks but Milwaukee offer thee months.....blah....blah...blah"

I notice from Milwaukee's website that their splash line is 'Nothing but HEAVY DUTY'. Easy. Formal complaint to the ASA.

Next up, Letter Before Action to Trade Counter Direct.

RogerS":3ksa9siy said:
Well that was a wasted telephone call ...

"Most manufacturers don;t give any warranty on their chucks but Milwaukee offer thee months.....blah....blah...blah"

I notice from Milwaukee's website that their splash line is 'Nothing but HEAVY DUTY'. Easy. Formal complaint to the ASA.

Next up, Letter Before Action to Trade Counter Direct.

Sorry to hear that, it does seem parsimonious in the extreme to exclude chucks. Would be interesting to find out if many are seeing this. Maybe look on a US DIY/Trade forums as they are hugely litigious over there. If there was an issue I am sure you might get some more data points at least.

Back