Blade holder and aide memoir

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plodmore

Established Member
Reaction score
Just got pinless blades for my Ferm scroll saw. Eek...so small....scary small. Where to keep safe? Which is which? Which to use? And last but not least what on earth was I using. So I made this. A bog standard biro holds 12 spiral blades with ease. The washer tells me what is currently in the saw and the block has enough space for what I need to know. Hope this helps other newbies like me.

Attachments

• 2017-10-09 20.55.46.jpg
    2017-10-09 20.55.46.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 777
I use test tubes to keep my blades in but always forget after a few days what blade is in the saw. Your idea of marking the tube that the last blade came from is both simple and brilliant.

I use old Steradent tubes in a block of wood, the blades tube that I'm using goes in the hole with arrows on the corner.

Attachments

• blade storage_thumb.JPG
    blade storage_thumb.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 719
Great idea Plodmore. As I'm sometimes away from my saw for some time I often forget what's in the saw next time I come back. Brilliant Sir - simple, just like so many other good ideas. "Why didn't I think of that?"

AES

Latest posts

Back