Back on the Intarsia horse...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linkshouse

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is my first intarsia project since injuring my finger.

IMG_1331.jpg

Ha ha, I've just noticed the pun...

It isn't quite finished yet but it's been so long since I've done an intarsia I couldn't wait.

Phill

Attachments

• IMG_1331.jpg
    IMG_1331.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 982
Claymore":29i2gmaq said:
Looks great Phill and bet ya glad to be back making the Intarsias, where did ya get all that Mahogany from? I still have a few pieces left after Ruth used it for her Fox etc (hidden away from her lol)
I am in the finishing stages of a new project and will have it done maybe Monday.......exiting times here though as we go to collect Rory on Saturday :cool: let the fun begin eh won't see much of the apprentice out in the workshop once he arrives so nice and peaceful lol
Cheers
Brian

Thanks Brian.

I got the mahogany amongst a couple of pallets of scrap wood that I bought from a local builder a year or so back. It was nearly all Mahogany (probably Sapele actually), Oak and a bit of what I think is Meranti. I'm nearly through all the wide stuff now but the square sections knock down and then glue together quite well to make wider stock.

It's silly but I've been fine with "big" work but found working on the Scrollsaw and using the sander quite painful, I suppose it's because I'm is using my fingertips.

Exciting times indeed. You'll need to post photos if not here, then at least on your Flickr feed.

Regards

Phill

Back