Forum users dust collectors and shop vacs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had the Camvac 286 floor mounted ( on a trolley ) for a couple of months now. It works very well but the 'filter' arrangements seem a liile 'heath robinson'

I also have a microclene 760 to keep the room air cleaner. Noisy but effective.

1) A Goblin Solo vacuum cleaner-Great little cleaner mainly used for vacuuming the car but promoted to dust extraction device for new Metabo SXE650 random orbit sander. Packed up after sanding walls and ceiling in my lounge. I was chuffed it lasted that long :)

2) A Samsung vacuum cleaner-Bought from a second-hand shop but packed up after sanding the walls in a hallway prior to decorating. Returned and I was given a refund.

3) Goblin Solo had a new (reconditioned) motor fitted for the grand total of £5 and was reinstated as primary dust extractor for Metabo sander. Works as good as new and still going strong.

4) Lidl Wet and Dry vacuum bought recently for £60 and works a treat. Money very well spent and very impressed with it. Would be nice if the power take off worked with my new 2000 watt router but it's hardly a major inconvenience just to reach down and switch the vacuum on separately. Now used as main dust extractor and Goblin is now on stand-by/back-up duty 8) :)

Festool CT Midi.

Pros: Variable speed, auto feature for power tool take-off, very powerful for size, quiet, wheel-able and carry-aroundable, fits systainers, very good filters, lockable feet.

Cons: initial price, power cable not self retracting, replacement bags pricey,

Numatic NVD750 (powerful and I can connect to all powertools and machines I have with no fuss, very impressed so far). :)
Nilfisk Multi 30 T (has a power take off socket which is very handy, but now relegated to shop floor hoovering duties only due to purchase of the Numatic).
Homemade Air Cleaner using an Industrial Extractor Fan and filter.

Axminster Ade 1200 - ok for a planer but needs a fine filter for other machines
Felder AF22 - really impressive, powerful
Record DX4000 - great for power tools and small workshop

Used to have the Titan vac from Screwfix but got rid of it as it was so loud!
Happy owner of an old Henry now - does what it needs to and its very quiet! Attaching it to various tools is a bit annoying tho.

Axminster FM300BC with Filter cartridge
Numatic 2400watt vacuum with cyclone top.

Mike

I have a Karcher wet and dry vac with a dust mite cyclone attached and a bin that all the dust drops into. That's all attached to my dust collection control centre.

194c24c2302d32340f5de12c9d848319.jpg

Basically I open the blast gate for the tool I want to use and away I go. I have the vac operated by a remote control.

I do also have a Festool Midi which I use when outdoors or in the house etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Festool CTL Midi, excellent for moving site to site, perfect for kitchen fitting and other domestic work, but not overly robust and needs to be well protected for construction site work. Power, noise and suckability excellent!

Latest posts

Back