Used Clarke CS4-6D disk/belt sander vibrating badly

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skippy75

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought a used Clarke CS4-6D disk/belt sander today and I've found the machine vibrates quite significantly and I was wondering if this was normal or not and what I could do about it? Its enough that the machine travels across the bench by itself very slightly when its on and seems to be coming from the belt section but is no better when the belt is removed.

Ive never used a machine like this before so I don't know how little vibration I should expect from one.

thanks!

NazNomad":2rm6spbd said:
Is the disc warped / off-centre?

Failing that, strip it down, I wouldn't think it's supposed to vibrate enough to walk about on its own. Summat's probably loose.

Could be a worn bearing/bushing in the belt drive roller ... maybe?

If you don't have a manual - https://www.clarkeservice.co.uk/manuals ... cs4-6d.pdf

The disc actually looks ok, it seems to be somewhere between the motor and the belt drive roller.

I will strip it down and see what I can find, I just didn't want to be poking around too much if that was expected from a cheaper sander like this. Thank you for the manual, thats a big help.

Back