Hegner blades keep popping out

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoofkin

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to scrolling and this forum, but am at my wits end!

I recently bought an old hegner multicut and all was fine until the other day - I had changed blades successfully and everything seemed fine.

Now, I cannot get the blades to stay in the clamps - whenever I turn on the machine it makes an awful noise and the blade pops out immediately. As I tighten the tension at the back it seems to simply pop the blade out. I tried not tightening it so hard, and managed to saw about 5mm (!) before the blade broke again.

Anyone got any ideas? I would appreciate all help/knowledge!

clean the clamps with a bit of wet and dry first. if that doesn't work check they clamps are closing up correctly, then as a last resort replace the clamps.

novocaine":1ej1n0cv said:
clean the clamps with a bit of wet and dry first.

... and the ends of the blades, they could be a tad oily from manufacture.

Are you fully slackening off the rear adjusting nut each time a blade breaks? the blade should be a very loose fit every time. Then you tighten the rear nut untill the blade "pings".

are they slipping out top or bottom or both? do you have the quick release clamp? if so might be the little screw in the side of it needing a tweak?
As already mentioned, might just need some new clamps, they do come in different sizes, so maybe you have the wider ones and using fine blades?
I see you are in Scotland, anywhere near Aberdeen? if so could get together and have a look at it for you?
good luck
Gill

Back