Japanese type saw- finishing parting off.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chico

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm after a small Japanese saw to finish the parting off process in certain conditions. Now I'm not after anything double sided or large but any recommendationd for something that won't break the bank and perhaps have other uses too?

I'll second that - I bought a Lidl one last time they were in the shop, just to try it out and blow me, it's still like a razor, even after me cutting all kinds of things with it *just to see*. I bought an Irwin pull saw at around the same time and the Lidl one is far sharper.

Comes with a spare blade, but I'm still happily using the first one.

Martin.

Robbo3":1sfedxqx said:
I just use a junior hacksaw fitted with a wood blade - Draper 14 TPI , £1.82 for 10 from Chronos
- https://www.chronos.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/sh00 ... ml#SID=226

If I need something finer I use a standard junior hacksaw blade. You can normally make enough room to accommodate it on larger work.

Never knew that you could get wood cutting blades for a junior hack saw - that must be my lesson for today completed , thanks

Brian

Reckon I might go the Jnr hacksaw wood blade route, I am surprised they do them too.

Thanks all for the recommendations

Sorry guys, it wasn't a recommendation as such, just saying what I use because it's cheap & works for me.
Glad some of you may find it useful though. :)

Latest posts

Back