Glass Splashbacks experience?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erine

Reaction score
Hello, all!
I am currently considering renovating our kitchen and installing glass splashbacks. Anyone with experience?
Anything I should be aware of? How difficult is to clean it?
Can anyone suggest me a place in Sheffield that installs glass splashbacks?
Thank you in advance!

not difficult to clean, but if either of you are OCD, you will be cleaning it every hour on the half hour.
Splashbacks are best made of stuff that does not show splashes.

sunnybob":iu1pd8xs said:
not difficult to clean, but if either of you are OCD, you will be cleaning it every hour on the half hour.
Splashbacks are best made of stuff that does not show splashes.

I wonder if I pick darker colour glass splashbacks it will be better. Seems like the cleaning will be the biggest problem :/

glass is smooth and shiny (when clean). Doesnt matter what colour you choose, it will definitely be high maintenance.

Think kitchen window next to a sink, where every time you use the sink the window shows splashes.
I know my mrs couldnt cope with that.

Do you specifically want Glass...??

I fit a lot of this as an alternative to glass https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yByZ7tTHAqk coz it is more affordable and you can cut & fit it yourself. The cost & time it takes to get it done in real Glass is considerable.

One down side to this stuff is, that it cannot be fitted behind a Gas Hob for obvious reasons. They do offer a standard size bit of glass though that can be fitted behind a gas hob and it is a perfect colour match to the Lustrolite.

Bought one for behind our stove. 80x50cm, white £60 ish delivered from online. Installed with no more nails type stuff. Wipe over with window cleaner brings it up a treat. Couple of years old and all good.

Off the shelf, single pieces of glass splashback are cheap enough and readily available in various colours from loads of different suppliers.
However, if you want to cover the walls from worktop to the bottom of wall units on different walls that are connected, around window sills, cutouts for switches etc, then glass will be far more of a challenge and cost.

From experience of gloss black kitchen cupboard doors, DO NOT get a darker colour!!!!

The step mother had a sort of mustard yellow splashback in her kitchen, and its nice enough. Seems low maintenance, but then they dont actually do any cooking in there :lol:

We have a black Rangemaster glass splashback. Looks absolutely fabulous when it's clean and polished (you can see your face in it) but it is a real pain to clean.
I only know about the cleaning when I once mentioned to herself that she'd missed a bit - haven't done that again!

Back