Record #73s at David Stanley auction yesterday (Fri 11th)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric The Viking

Established Member
Reaction score
Bristle, CUBA (the County that Used to Be Avon)
Did anyone go to it?

If you did, did you notice how much the three Record #73 shoulder planes went for?

Lots #147, #318 and #899, a fairly rusty one first, and two cleaner ones later on.
The guide prices were all in the 20-40 quid area...

... I'm hoping to get one some time (or a modern equivalent), but eBay prices are a bit silly.

TIA,

E.

[edited as I just found the lot numbers!]

If nobody else was noting the prices, Stanley's do publish lists of prices realised, which appear on their website a couple of months after each sale. You'll need to add 15% commission to the hammer prices.

I went and actually had a look at the #73s but as they were a lot larger than I had thought, I didn't take much notice. The auction was very slow and I nipped out to do some food shopping but I'm pretty sure they went for quite a bit more than the guide price, which most things did.
To give you an idea, the auction started at 09:30 and I bought some rosewood (Lot 762) at just before 3pm.

Sorry to say I have no idea what they made either.
More interested in jabbering to the gathering and teaching LINE OF CHORDS angle methodology :wink: :D
As Andy said it will all be online at some stage.
Cheers
Andy

Back