Sofa Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful execution and very thoughtful use of native timbers Derek. Basically the very high standard that we've come to expect from you!

I'd like to withdraw my early misgivings about the shape - it does all come together very elegantly. I really like the profile view of the legs - they seem to be standing on tiptoes.

Thanks for considerably lengthening your build time by documenting it all in such detail. I'll be referring back when I eventually get started on my own, less ambitious side table project. I just need to stop going on holiday and get back in the workshop - this should help me get started. As well as all the detailed thinking, it's clear that you get a huge amount of pleasure from your projects. Bravo! =D> =D> =D>

Post script on the sofa table ...

The West Australian Woodshow was this past weekend. Chris Vesper, toolmaker extraordinaire came to stay, as he usually does, and I spent the weekend on his stand. Usually we get up to some form of mischief, but this year Chris broad along a few boxes of NOS saw files ... which were the very best I have ever seen ... 5" Nicholsons needle files made in Australia and sold last in 1998 ...

Files1.jpg

And so I spent a couple of days demoing filing saws. It's amazing how many people will stop to watch and ask questions. Got through a few ...

I was also there for the furniture competition. I had entered the Sofa Table (with hidden drawer) ...

1.jpg

This year I won first prize.

2.jpg

Until next year ..

Regards from Perth

Derek

Well done Derek! And well done the judges for showing such discerning good taste!

=D>

Back