Wine Butler

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All good info, thanks to you both.

Naz, you're dead right about inkjet colours and hassle (not to mention the prices - here anyway)! When I was working I used my 3 inkjet printers a lot (1 portable, 1 mainly for A3, 1 for HQ colour photos).

But now I use them very little (as soon as I use up the spare cartridges for the portable and the A3 I think they'll be going to my scrap bin - there's some really good metal bits in printers) and I was thinking of replacing both of those with a BW laser, leaving "just" the HQ Epson for the odd photo that I still print out.

Thanks.

AES

Just a note: I always use hardwoods now. Tried it on pine before, it worked but made the resin flow out of the wood.

Not tried it on ply, but I'm wondering if the heat might de-laminated it?

'nuther one for a wedding. A piece of Murcan Black Walnut.

gareth_catrin.jpg

''Congratulations'' before anyone asks. :-D

I wouldn't DREAM of asking naz!

Another nice job, not only the wording & glasses, but also the nicely even rounding off everywhere.

Just a Q as a matter of interest - why does the grain go at about 45 degrees, any particular reason?

AES

It's the only way the pattern would fit on the flooring sample I had. Ideally, the grain would be left/right for maximum strength.

In a similar vein, a wine picnic table.

100_9448.jpg

100_9457.jpg

100_9450.jpg

100_9451.jpg

Leg made from Beech, top made from Oak, Beech and some dark hardwood or other (?)

They want 95 squids for these on grotonthehighstreet-dot-com. :-O

Claymore":30e14mm4 said:
How about a Camping Comode next so ya don't need to fling biodegradable bags about? :wink: :lol:

If I go camping, I just take a pile of pre-paid jiffy bags with a Reading address on them. :-D

Hopefully this is the last one, I hate doing this lettering. :-D

aer1.jpg

translation :
Please contact Margarat Aifor, I will be out of the office until 10-9-17, thank you for your interest.

:D

now stop moaning and find another way of doing it. :)

NazNomad wrote, QUOTE: Hopefully this is the last one, I hate doing this lettering. UNQUOTE:

Maybe so Naz, but "it don't 'arf look good mate"! Well done Sir. =D>

AES

(P.S. Been thinking for ages "must get rid of the old inkjet printer and get me a "Xerox Copier" drum type printer instead." They seem to have come down in price a lot).

AES":233956ip said:
Been thinking for ages "must get rid of the old inkjet printer and get me a "Xerox Copier" drum type printer instead." They seem to have come down in price a lot).

I've had this Samsung M2022 mono laser printer for a while now. Can't fault it. You can pick them up new for just over 40 squids. Even the 'introductory toner' cartridge supplied with it seemed to last an age.

nev":233956ip said:
If I may, on your wine picnic table does the top lock in place when open?

No, but the action is pretty stiff. I suppose some sort of locking pin could be used if necessary.

Latest posts

Back