Advice on how to major sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear of your troubles Pete. My best wishes for your recovery. t's easy to get into a dark place mentally when suffering physical injury. Try not to get down fella. Keep your chin up as much as possible and hold off any major decisions. Could be in 6 months you've adapted to changed circumstance and you're cracking on again in a slighty different fashion.
Good luck fella.
Best
Chris

About a month ago my son watched his friend fall 25' from a tree and break his neck. The next day I took my son mountain biking, watching him make jumps I wouldn't think of and holding my breath, as his friend underwent 7 hours of surgery. Sometimes I think we're all a hair's breadth from some kind of crisis. His friend's walking with crutches already. Not sure where I'm going with this but wanted to say good luck, and you know you could be back in the saddle/ workshop/ whatever before you know it.

I'd echo some of the comments above, perhaps wait a while before offloading equipment,. My father went through a shoulder reconstruction and it took him a while to recover, but 2 years down the road and he was fine. If he'd sold his equipment early on when he felt he could not longer do things then he would have been gutted 18 months down the line when everything started to work and feel 'normal' again!

All the best, hope you figure out what works for you the best.

thanks to everyone who's posted positive thoughts.

I am still hopeful that I will make a fuller recovery but I just feel I need to re-jig my priorities in life. I have spent some time going through the workshop at the weekend and have a list of kit that can go thus giving me some money back to finish the house and have a nice holiday whilst leaving me the tools i want to keep and allowing me to still dabble. With the other halves help we have been making a rustic coffee table and media unit out of reclaimed scaffold board ant the tools I have used for that have actually been minimal so it makes figuring out what can go a lot easier.

I'll likely get a list together with pics and prices and post something later this week - not giving up.... just re-focusing whats important to me and focusing on the parts i get the most enjoyment from.

In that case Pete, I'd recommend your best bet is probably selling it all off in one joblot, dirt cheap to a local fella. Your best bet in my huge woodworking experience would most likely be a window cleaner. Far easier that way.... Hold on! I've just had a sudden thought. You'll never guess what! You're about 4 miles from me as I remember. And I'm a window cleaner! What's the chances! You couldn't make this stuff up.
Well, that's a result for you. Stroke of luck! I'd be cutting my own throat of course but I'm happy to help you out as a favour :D

Being serious, having a well thought out evaluation about what you want to do, injury or not has maybe done you a massive favour despite the circumstances that forced it on you. You obviously enjoy spending time working on stuff with your other half and that's luckier than a lot of people are for a start. Good luck with it all fella.

(God, it's remarkably easy to give out advice while messing up your own life isn't it!?)
Regards mate
Chris

Bm101":2vc4gyml said:
In that case Pete, I'd recommend your best bet is probably selling it all off in one joblot, dirt cheap to a local fella. Your best bet in my huge woodworking experience would most likely be a window cleaner. Far easier that way.... Hold on! I've just had a sudden thought. You'll never guess what! You're about 4 miles from me as I remember. And I'm a window cleaner! What's the chances! You couldn't make this stuff up.
Well, that's a result for you. Stroke of luck! I'd be cutting my own throat of course but I'm happy to help you out as a favour :D

Being serious, having a well thought out evaluation about what you want to do, injury or not has maybe done you a massive favour despite the circumstances that forced it on you. You obviously enjoy spending time working on stuff with your other half and that's luckier than a lot of people are for a start. Good luck with it all fella.

(God, it's remarkably easy to give out advice while messing up your own life isn't it!?)
Regards mate
Chris

you're welcome to come round and have a rummage around the workshop Chris

Thanks Pete, in all honesty mate I've pretty much maxed out the tool budget just now buying a big old Meddings drill. Not sure the Mrs would forgive me if I popped round yours on the back of that. Only got away with the drill because I have renovated and sold my cherished woodburner. Have a loft conversion to pay for very soon... :shock: Sure they will sell on here.
All the best mate, good luck with the sale.
PS. I have some pallets if you're still interested in those, I'll chuck em in the van and drop them off when I get time one day on the way home from work. Nothing special, just save me cutting them up really. pm if interested.
All the best mate, good luck with the sale and everything else.
Chris

Back