Whisky Wall Cabinet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imperial

Established Member
Reaction score
Made this yesterday, went to fit barrel hinges today but dont quite work so abandoned that and will fit butt type when I pick some small ones up. Door has live edge on one side and pics hard to take in lighting. Got sample of new oil system to try on it, will report back on that to see if better than Osmo. Few small other things still to do, hanging brackets and prob magnets to fit to hold door shut. Cant make my mind up if I should fit a handle or use bottom of door for opening :?

2isyueu.jpg

34q8nxj.jpg

vqsm7a.jpg

1zg6z4j.jpg

24mu62w.jpg

A bit hard to gauge the size from the pictures but it looks as though it might be a bit tight to fit a normal size bottle?

1 Ltr bottle size is 32cm space is 35cm so normal size bottle will fit comfortably , but yes hard to gauge size from pics. 4 Glencairn style glasses will fit on shelf above if tasting type or 2 large, my glass size would not fit at all :lol: :roll:

Oiled up, some lovely colours through it which dont show up on pics :roll:

2wcemnq.jpg

2ibktae.jpg

2zxtjrb.jpg

Maybe the style is not to anyone here's taste, but I really like it... Have a little ebony which I may add for a door pull or not, still to cut out for hanging brackets at rear too and magnets to sink in to hold door closed. A litre sized bottle fits perfect and glass I used for pics is wrong one, 4 of right type I mentioned fit too...

The cabinet looks brilliant. Personal taste but I think it's fine as it is without anything else.
The only thing I would add is that it might be better with an Islay rather than a Highland!

I really like everything about this - especially the whisky bit! Nice design :)

Cheers, Paul

Any single malt will do ! A little tip I've learned is to blend your own with the last drop in every bottle into an other one then try it when full ! If you can wait that is....

Nah, thats how you end up with a well known wild chicken. yuck

Well send me a gallon for a long term trial, just to prove me wrong :twisted:

Really like that live edge.

I'm sure the drink you make with dregs is Old Tennis Shoe, wasn't that in Steinbeck's brilliant Cannery Row?

Back