Now you know what is it I'm making, A roof update

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm afraid I can't take any credit for the plastering or lead work apart from preparing the ground work, but yes I'm pleased how it's turned out. Thanks all for the comments, and have a merry Christmas.

backB_ash.jpg
I have made these for a Yoga school.I haven't any WIP pictures, but have made a jig from 18mm birch ply, with screwed down blocks (similar to Chrispy's, but because it is a tight curve I have blocks on the inside and outside of the curve and use a combination of clamps and wedges to pull it up. The timber is Ash and I use 8mm strips. It springs out a bit when unclamped, but pulls in again with the cross piece. Geoff

Attachments

• backB_ash.jpg
    backB_ash.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 983
Resurrecting this excellent thread as no-one's asked the question.

Chris, how did you work out the shapes for the formers of the various pieces ?

And did you do any sort of calculation to come up with depth (height) of the glue lams?

RogerS":7gvzdm07 said:
Resurrecting this excellent thread as no-one's asked the question.

Chris, how did you work out the shapes for the formers of the various pieces ?

And did you do any sort of calculation to come up with depth (height) of the glue lams?
Hi Roger, I used Sketchup to design and develop it, sizes were just a gut feeling plus a bit.
But now I have a cnc if I did another i think I would go the laminated ply route for a change.

Back