Worst factory chisel handles?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ED65

Established Member
Reaction score
Over the years I've read lots of gripes about the handles fitted to the Aldi and Lidl chisels, especially from American woodworkers who seem to have slightly different standards for acceptable sizes of chisel handles.

I do agree that a handle that's badly proportioned can make a chisel very unwieldy but I think that pales into insignificance to one that's fitted incorrectly. Gents, ladies, I present to you the wonder that is this Alyco chisel:

2rcdSPE.jpg

The tang on this chisel is square in section and the socket in the plastic fits it perfectly so as far as I can tell it was cast onto it at this angle, although I can't imagine how they managed it. Of course it then had to pass QC as hard as that is to believe.

So do I have a contender here for worst-fitted factory handle or can anyone top this?

silly person!

They are for made that way so you can get into corners

:wink: :D

Pete

Indeed, don't V*r*t*s offer them in a set of left and right handed?
Ed, get out and find the other one, unless you just want to make do with woodworking​ on the cheap. :wink:

Nice patina btw, don't lose it through over-zealous restoration.

AndyT":2vro0vn3 said:
Nice patina btw, don't lose it through over-zealous restoration.

Scrape them on the sidewalk a little bit and then it's time to make iconic furniture.

Racers":1uxqm1o4 said:
silly person!

They are for made that way so you can get into corners

:wink: :D
Oh I didn't realise it was a feature :lol:

Latest posts

Back