Finally got my first scroll saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darloray

Established Member
Reaction score
After a while of deciding what to do and what to get, I went up to Axminster today to pick up an Axminster. Trade series AWFS18.
Got it out the box and just reading through things to get it all set up.
Got a lot of extra blades while I was in there.

Can't wait to get started now

Attachments

• DSC_0954-1280x722.JPG
    DSC_0954-1280x722.JPG
    167.3 KB · Views: 1,116
hi, thanks brian, for your help to. I got a few packs of extra blades to so got enough to keep me going for a while.
have a great holiday and chat soon

take care
ray

Oh no! You're on the slippery path to addiction now.

Happy scroll sawing.

Look forward to seeing your work on here.

Regards

Phill

thanks everyone, had a little play today but been getting used to changing blades etc, ill get a routine going on a faster way to do it.
been watching a few more videos on certain aspects.to get my head round things.

not much this afternoon though as ive been making the most of this 32 degree heat so been out most the day.

I also have got my first scroll saw at 77yrs young I hope I'm not to old to fulfill this new hobby. At the moment l am finding it difficult in finding suitable wood it's worth mentioning that l am from the old school feet and inches .l look forward to pickup any tips and advice from members. (homer)

Thank you Brian , as you say a visit to the charity shops would be my best choice. The wife has started to hide bits of furniture as l have seconded 3 chopping boards and 1 bread bin.
Regards Peter

welcome peter
you will love it on here, everyone is so helpful and friendly. I just hope one day I can pay it forward to.

Also a welcome from me too Peter. It may interest you to hear that I'm only 5 years younger than you are and although I did have a very basic scroll saw for "general" use for some years, it was only when I got on here that I started "serious" scrolling. That was prompted to a very large extent by the very helpful and friendly support offered by everyone on here - to the extent that I even bought a "proper" scroll saw just over 2 years ago. Basically if you can find your way into the workshop without falling over, and having arrived, if you can see what you're doing (more or less) you'll do fine. :D And a warning - scrolling IS addictive.

"Enjoy" (as they say).

AES

Thank you all ,it's very reassuring to have members support and advice. Looking forward to enjoying my scrolling.
Peter

the hegner quick clamp arrived today so gonna get that in later. been practising by scrolling my daughters name on some ply. was happy with it for a first timer, it put a smile on my face. lol.
no pics yet though :)
I got used to turning quickly etc but straight lines wandered a couple of times, found doing the pierce work ,on it fiddly so the clamp should help a lot.
never broke any blades yet but I know I will at some point :)

Back