Scheppach track saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never bought a track saw or track, my DeWalt 18v drivers are over 20years old and can still drive a 100mm screw straight through an Oak post or just turn the power torque setting down and screw in as far as you want, just can't see the point of the impact, perhaps its cheaper to make?

Mike

It's lighter, easier to control and will screw things into stuff that a drill won't. But the chances are you'll never need to screw anything in that tight and the drill will do everything that the driver will, so it's not necessary.

The main reason to buy one is if you're looking for a second drill to save changing bits as you're drilling and screwing, might as well get the driver rather than a second drill. If you get some hex-head counter sinks you can very quickly drill, sink and screw as the driver bits are only held in by magnets.

You can use them with bolts/nuts etc too, where the impact may be more useful in loosening a tight bolt.

sorry for the late reply mate,

i just went and checked, i have a Scheppach pl75 and it fits that track, i would say its very likely it would fit most tracks from most manufactures. i used it to replace a strip on a triton track about 2 weeks ago and its been good

Alexfn":1k4trvry said:
sorry for the late reply mate,

i just went and checked, i have a Scheppach pl75 and it fits that track, i would say its very likely it would fit most tracks from most manufactures. i used it to replace a strip on a triton track about 2 weeks ago and its been good

That's great. I shall order that now. Thanks mate

You know what else I would like for this tool, I have seen a video where a guy puts some kind of tape onto the bottom of the plunge saw to make it easier slide. I did write down what this was but seem to have lost it. Anyone have any ideas what this could be?

Is that what he said, I was completely non plus's by that, did not understand at all. :roll:

Mike

Back