Power chisel, CEL tools in general

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrPhill

Cyber Heretic
Reaction score
I am contemplating purchasing a power chisel for hobby level wood carving.

I tried a wood chisel bit in my SDS drill and found it had some advantages and disadvantages. As with most power tools I found that I could concentrate more on accuracy and less on power delivery. Being a mains powered drill it was quite heavy and cumbersome though.

There is a li-ion model on amazon - has anybody tried this model or this sort of thing?

I like the idea of having multiple tools and interchangeable batteries (my cordless drill is getting a bit tired and will need replacing soon). Who uses the multiple-tool common-battery approach here?

Any thoughts appreciated

Phill

I bought my jigsaw bare as I already had a charger and good batteries with a drill I'd bought a few months before. It's a good way of buying more tools if you already have the rest. I don't use mine professionally and find barring the very odd occasion 2 x 2ah li - ions enough. The drill is brushless and the batteries seem to last forever in it.

Thanks phil, that is the sort of positive that I had in mind.

My guess is that every manufacturer has its own 'standard' battery fitting and that none of them are interchangeable. Is my cynicism justified?

If that is the case I need to select a manufacturer with care......

Phill

Back